"Ugh," I whine in annoyance. My hair is not shedding as much as it was when it was wet thankfully. I'm not going to touch it after I style it so that I can keep as much hair in my head as I can because who knows how long this is going to go on for.

When I say "style it" I really just mean fluff it out a little bit but especially more today because I don't want anyone to notice that my hair is thinning because I have no explanation for them if they ask why.

I take a step back in front of the mirror when I'm all done, study myself and I sigh. There's nothing more I can do so I'm going to accept my appearance for right now and move on with my morning. On my bedside table I pick up my ring and put it on my finger.

I check my phone and I see that Tyler has texted me back. I close my phone, I'll read it after I wake Aj up.

I slowly push open his door and he's fast asleep. I sigh. I really don't want to bother him at the moment because I don't know how he's going to react and I don't want him to ruin my decent mood despite me hair shedding. Being that he hates me, it's kind of hard to carry out being his parent now because I feel like everything I do or plan to do will be taken negatively from him.

I tap his shoulder, "Wake up." I wait and he doesn't budge one bit. I want so badly to just wake him up peacefully like I usually do, but I don't know how he will receive that. I shake him a bit and he finally opens his eyes. "Wake up and get ready," I say. When I'm sure that he's awake and alert I go to Taleahs room. I push open her door and her eyes are shut closed, sleeping away. A smile spreads across face as I watch her. My beautiful baby girl, she is so perfect.

Now standing next to her bedside, I rub her head and run my fingers across her face. Her eyes flutter open while I softly stroke her face and she smiles tiredly at me. I sit on the edge of her bed and she scoots up to lay her head in my lap. I kiss her forehead, temple and cheek and continue to caress her hair.

"You feel alright honey?" I ask her.

"Yeah," she grabs my hand and holds it tight.

"Are you gonna be okay at home by yourself? You can come to work with me," I tell her.

"No, I'm gonna walk around naked while you guys are gone."

"Okay," I laugh at her. "Do you need anything?"

"Food," she states.

On that note, I find my way to the kitchen to my refrigerator and pantry to pull out four eggs, waffle mix, two Italian turkey sausages, and four potatoes.

I crack all four eggs into a bowl and add salt and pepper. I use a fork to whisk them because for some reason I don't own a whisk even though I know I don't have one and could have purchased one. I cook that along with frying the sausages then making home fries in another pan. I cook very fast so this isn't an inconvenience to me. The eggs are done fast so I use the same pan to make two waffles in.

When I'm done cooking everything, there's still thirty minutes until I have to leave the house to get Aj to school and me to work on time. I evenly divide all the food I made onto two plates for Leah and Aj. I pour them both some orange juice and set their breakfast on the table.

Taleah is first to come from her room.

"Thank you," she gives me a quick little hug then takes a seat at the table without hesitating to start eating, "so fucking good," she mumbles around the food in her mouth.

"No cursing," I say even though I know that saying that really won't do anything. My orders will only be effective for maybe two minutes.

"Papa, can I get a tattoo?" Taleah asks me out of the blue. The question catches me off guard and I look up to think.