||One||

Here's the thing, since I finished college a year ago, I hadn't been able to get a job. And with everything that went down with Adam and Jules, I admit I was in depression for a couple of weeks.
I mean, Jullie was like family to me. Apart from my mom. Yes, my father is present. But they are not together anymore. They sort of fell out of love, as they put it. But one thing I know for sure, they have never been happier as they were together. They were like the perfect couple, the ones that made me even believe that love exists. But now...

After getting my degree, I didn't quite know where to start looking for a job. And after a while, I started freelancing.
I have a bachelor's degree in art. So I've been busy working with different online companies, writing articles here and there, and helping out in my aunt's bakery uptown to earn extra money. No, not my real aunt. I just like to think of her as my aunt, since she's been a part of my life and my moms' life forever, plus her daughter, Aurora is my best friend.

My phone rang bringing me back from my daze. "Hey mommy" I smiled at my place.
"Hey, honey. Is everything okay?" she asked.
"Fine. Actually just got out of an interview," I chimed.
"I know I'm not supposed to ask you this but, How did it go?" she was nervous.
I rolled my eyes, "we'll see. Just so you know, you can always ask how it went, just don't ask.."
"If you got the job, right," she chuckled lightly.
"Anyway mom, I'm sorry I didn't come to visit you these past few days," I apologized meekly.
"Oh it's nothing sweety, you are busy. As long as you come to bring me back to my house next Friday," she smiled over the phone.
I could tell.
I gaped, "no kidding!"
"Yes. I'm being discharged soon," she confirmed.
"That's great news mom, I'll make sure to pass by later with Chinese take-out, to celebrate," I grinned.
"You know me too well, honey," she chuckled. "Before I forget, your grandma wanted me to inform you that Channing Tatum is single, again."
I rolled my eyes, "of course, how could I forget. I'll have him on speed dial."
We laughed together before saying our goodbyes. My mom fell sick sometime last week, and she's been admitted ever since.

Aurora:
Hey Em.
Meet me, at 5 pm @Geets.

I replied with a k.

Looks like I'm going out tonight.
With my short blue jean shorts, I put on my sneakers and threw my yellow denim jacket over my white sleeveless crop top. Then I grabbed my purse and sunglasses before I headed out, putting the sunglasses over my eyes.

"Hey bitch," I hugged her, taking a seat in front of her.
"Hey, how are you?" she asked seriously.
"Not so bad. I had an interview today," I said, taking a sip from my Ice tea, breathing out.
"How did it go?" she asked cautiously.
"Not so great," I admitted.
She put her hand on mine and squeezed reassuringly.
"Why don't you come with me to New York?" she asked.
"And do what? I don't want to owe you, I don't have much money right now and I don't want to be a charity case, Aurora."

"You don't have to. I've put a word into my boss about you, maybe you can get the job and we can live together," she said excitedly.
"You know I've not had a real job," I said as a matter of fact.
"I know. I mean the man once hired a girl with a degree in music. You totally have a shot," she explained. "Plus you're experienced."
"Seriously?" I asked.
She nodded.
"I don't know Aurora, mom is getting out of hospital soon. Can I at least think about it?" I asked.
She nodded, "fair enough."
After talking for a while, we said our goodbyes since she was going back to New York on the evening flight.

I passed by the Chinese restaurant and ordered take-out as I promised and headed to the hospital.
Knock. Knock.
I opened the door and found mom silently reading one of my books, her reading glasses on the tip of her nose. "Can I come in?" I asked, grinning, waving the food carton up for her to see.
She grinned, her eyes lighting up, "hey baby. Give me that food and sit down!"
I hugged her and sat next to her, eating as we talked.
"Aurora asked me to move in with her!" I finally let off my chest.
"And what did you say?" she raised a brow.
I shrugged, "I'll think about it?"
She gave me that look that said go on. "Mom, I don't even have a real job right now. Plus I have to take care of you. And... "
She held my hand and cut me off smiling, "you need to treat yourself at one point. Stop thinking about what I want or need. Think about you. Going to New York will do you a lot of good. Your brother is there, Sal is there, Aurora is there. You have people you connect with there. And as for me, Gianna and her husband are moving back here. So it won't be just me. The busy city life is not for us old grumpy people. I'll be fine."
I faked hurt, "wow! You're giving me away just like that! How could you mom!"
She slapped my hand lightly and we laughed.
"So what you're saying is...."
"I want you to go and have a life... Enjoy your life now. Find a good man who will take care of you.."
I glared, "I can take care of myself just fine. I'm not having this conversation right now with you."
I kissed her forehead and headed out.

To Aurora:
Womannnz!!
I want pizza the moment I set foot in NYC tomorrow.

She peruses the message and called me, screaming in my ear. I pulled thr phone away.
This bitch will get me deaf sooner than my grandmother.
"You are not fucking with me, right? Because I'd fucking kill you!" she screamed again.
"OMG! We're going to be real roomies. Sleepovers and shit!"
"Okaaaay! Good night!" I hang up. She started texting me everything that was on her mind.
Guess I'm going to NYC.

Hey guys...
I know this chapter isn't really interesting,
but I hope you'll stick around.