15.

We hit the ground with a thump before we skidded across the dirt of the vampire world. Callan took most of the fall as I landed on top of him and then got thrown against a large tree stump as Callan hit a rock.

"Ouch." Callan groaned as he sat up and rubbed his head.

"Ummmm, Callan, I think something broke." I cried out as pain pulsed through my body. I started crying as the pain pulsed through my body. "Ouch." I cried out as I tried to move.

"Oh shit. Are you okay?" He ran to my side.

"I don't know. My leg is killing me." I was trying so hard to be brave. The pain was really bad down my right leg. "Callan, it's getting worse."

"Can you stand?" He said, trying to help me up.
"That's a no." He sighed as I cried out for him to stop. "Okay, well, it looks like I'm going to have to carry you." He smiled.

I took deep breaths as I tried to stop myself from crying and screaming in pain. "I'm really scared right now." I whispered to him.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm not going to let anything happen to you. Henry told me to go straight to the castle, so that is where we are going, and then I'll get somebody to check your leg. I just need you to hold on until then. This forest  is not safe for either of us right now. Can you hold on to me until then?"

I felt tears run down my cheek, but I nodded my head and smiled at him.

"Good girl." He said, looking around nervously. "The castle is west of here, I think. It's a bit of a run-through, so hold on tight."

"Callan, what was that back there?" I groaned as he picked me up off the ground.

"That was the darkness. It was looking for me, and I could feel it calling to me. If Henry hadn't come in when he did, then I dread to think what would have happened. I could feel its power pulling me towards it."

"It found you already?" I said nervously.

"Let's just hope they can catch it or at least hold it in that world until we can figure out what to do."

"Are the others safe?" My heart felt heavy without them here.

"I'm sure they are fine." He said as he smiled. "Let's just get out of here and deal with your leg. Are you ready? This might hurt a little...Wait, what was that?" Callan started to sniff the air, and then he turned around quickly. "Can you hear that?"

I listened to the silence of the vampire world. "I can't hear anything."

"Something is there. I can feel it watching us." His dark eyes darted around the Forest as he kept listening. "Something is very wrong here."

"Callan, let's just get out of here, okay?" I was starting to panic as Callan's eyes suddenly locked on something in the distance.

"No. It can't be?" Callan sounded a little different. A little bit cautious.

"Can we just get out of here?" I held myself closer to him.

"Henry told me about the new creatures in the Forest but damn...They are hideous." He was still locked onto something hiding around us.

"Tell me later and leave now," I said as my heart started to race.

"Yeah, Sorry. Of course." He shook his head. "Okay,  so here is the deal. We are currently surrounded by rogue vampires and what I can only assume are zombie-like creatures. Henry warned me about them and their thirst for vampire flesh. If we are going to make it out of here, I'm really going to need to go at full speed."

"Okay," I said nervously, looking around.

"I need you to hold to me very tightly. I need to concentrate on running, so you are going to have to hold to me like never before."