61.

"Brother, we were starting to get worried," Leon said as we approached them in the tunnels. "We have been waiting a while. I thought something might have happened to you. Good grief, what happened to you all?

"Hold the phone!" Jake said, pointing his finger at a pristine-looking Leon, Henry, and Vinnie. "Why the hell are you clean?"

"Why the hell are you all covered in blood and holes?" Vinnie poked at Jake's shoulder. "Is that wood?"

"Did you not get caught by traps?" Callan looked angry. "Did you not get shot at? Eaten by giant spiders? Bitten by fucking zombies? What the hell?"

"I mean, we did have to walk through some awful-smelling water back there. That smell is not coming out of my boots, I can promise you." King Henry stuck out his tongue in disgust.

"Zombies attacked you guys?" Leon looked confused.

"Hey, lover!" Penelope cooed as she wrapped herself around Leon. "I missed you, my big bad boy."

"P? What are you doing here?" Leon blushed a little. "What is happening?"

"You tell me?" Vampire Carter crossed his arms over his broad chest and glared at his brother. "You and Penelope?"

"It's not what you think." Leon smiled awkwardly as Penelope kissed his cheek.

"You and a demon?" Vampire Carter was not impressed.

"I told you, pappy. It's just sex, isn't it, my magnificent beast." Penelope rubbed against Leon and giggled as her brown hair bounced like silk.

"There is something wrong with you." Vampire Carter said, looking away.

"I know." Smiled Leon.

"So, where are the council chambers from here?" Henry said, looking quite disgusted with Leon and Penelope's display of affection.

"It's through that door." Penelope pointed to a brick wall.

"Am I missing something?" Vampire Carter said, looking around the room. "All I see is a wall."

"The wall is the door," Penelope said, still cooing at Leon. "The door has a spell on it to make it look like a wall. Run into the wall, and you enter the chambers." She shrugged. "Duh." She said over her shoulder.

"Run into a wall? Who would be stupid enough to do that?" Jake laughed.

"I'll do it." Vinnie volunteered, stepping forward.

"Of course you do." Callan laughed. "No brain. No pain."

"Even I'm not stupid enough to run into a wall." Jake scoffed at me. "Hey, what's that look for?"

"I agree with you. I do." I smiled sweetly at him.

"Everyone's a critic around here," Jake grumbled, walking away from me.

"So, I just run at the wall?" Vinnie said, jumping up and down and stretching.

"That's right, handsome." Penelope smiled. "It will take you straight into council chambers."

"You know she is lying, right?" Callan laughed in my ear. "He is going to run straight into that wall, and I'm not going to stop it."

"You think she is tricking us?"

"I know she is tricking us. That's her job." Callan smiled proudly.

"Ok, here I go." Vinnie pumped himself up by hitting himself in the chest.

"Are we just watching this man run into a wall and say nothing?" Henry protested, looking around the room. "Seriously?"

"Shhh, let the man work," Callan smirked as he patted Vinnie on the back. "You got this, you beast,"