3.

I felt the flames surrounding me burn my skin as I tried to run away, but it didn't matter how fast I ran. The fire would always find me.

" I will find you again." The deep voice bellowed at me from the darkness. "I will always find you." The voice was screaming in my head as I dropped to my knees. The screams sounded like they were coming through an old radio at first that needed to be tuned in, but then it said like someone was screaming right onto my eardrum. The flames took over my body, but I couldn't move no matter how hard I tried.

"What do you want?" I screamed, finally covering my ears. "Leave me alone."

The screaming became ever louder, and my body felt like it was about to explode.

"I want you." The deep voice said as I screamed out in fear. "Ebony Summers."

I sat up in my bed, gasping for air. My whole body hurt, and I had a piercing, ringing tone in my ears.

"Why does this keep happening?" I cried out. "Why do I keep dreaming of that deep voice?"
I kept taking deep breaths as I replayed the voice in my head over and over again.

"I will find you. I will always find you."

My body shivered as I remembered the deep voice. It sounded like it was in so much pain, yet it was so powerful. I almost felt like I recognized the voice, but at the same time, it terrified me.

"I want you."

Every night lately, I have been having the same dream. It started with me walking through a cold dark forest alone and frightened, and then suddenly, the forest erupted into flames. No matter how far I run, the flames always find me. Then the voice calls for me, it screams my name over and over again like it needs me to help it, and then I feel its anger. I feel the rage and pain consume my body and soul until there is nothing left of me, and then I wake up. I woke up in a cold sweat, shivering and crying for the voice that was just in my head. I know that voice. I know I do.

My phone rang beside my bed, and I jumped at the loud noise. I reached for it and saw Leon's name flash across my screen.

"Hello?" I said, almost breathless.

"Ebony, are you alright? You sound worried?"

I took a deep breath. "No, I'm fine. I just had a bad dream."

"Do you want to talk about it?" He was always so sweet and worried about me.

"No, I'm fine. Thanks, though."

He went quiet for a moment. "As you wish. I'm just calling you to let you know I have to cancel our dinner tonight. I have to leave to attend a meeting with a new client, and I will not be back until tomorrow evening. I apologize for waking you, but I didn't want to send you a message."

"You're leaving?"

"Unfortunately, yes, I have to see this client personally as it is quite urgent. I am truly sorry. I have instructed Jake to be with you until I return."

"I'm sure he is just thrilled about that." I rolled my eyes.

He laughed. "I pay him enough to be more than thrilled. I do apologize again, but when I get back, we will make another time if you still want to?"

"Of course. That sounds perfect. Have a good trip." I didn't want him to go. I hate being stuck with Jake all night.

"It won't be, but I'll be as quick as possible. If you need me, just call me."

"I will. Bye, Leon."

"I'll see you soon." He hung up the phone.

I wonder where he has to go so urgently? He certainly didn't have any appointments that I knew of. He has been having a lot of mysterious meetings lately.  I looked at the time. It was already four pm, so I had to get up anyway. I smiled, thinking about last night with Leon. He is so perfect. I really thought that being a vampire, he would be all dark and brooding, but he's actually the most genuine and unique guy I've ever met. It's like he knows exactly what I'm going to say even before I do, and he knows me better than I know myself.