53

"VINNIE! You son of a bitch!" Jacob yelled excitedly through the kitchen window at Vinnie with wide eyes. "How are you not dead, man?"

"Jake! You look as pretty as ever! Heard you died?" Vinnie smiled wickedly at him.

"I did! You know, being the hero and saving the world." Jacob was right up against the glass like a child at the zoo. "Where you been, man?"

"Bro, you have no idea what I've been through," Vinnie yelled through the glass. "I can't believe I found you guys...ALIVE!"

"Why are they yelling through the glass like idiots?" Leon said next to me, confused at their childlike behavior towards each other.

"Because they're idiots." I laughed under my breath.

"Vinnie!" Callan called, walking into the kitchen. "What the hell, man?" He was now standing next to Jake, yelling through the window. "How are you not dead?" Callan laughed.

"Callan! You literal son of a bitch!" Vinnie yelled, smiling as he tapped the glass with his finger. "You look, good man!"

"Boys," I said impatiently as they all stared at me blankly. "Go to the damn door."

"That's why you're the boss, Bossman." Vinnie pointed at me. "Hey, Bossman!" He waved.

"Wait, how do we know Vinnie is still Vinnie?" Henry said cautiously. "I mean, he could be anything."

"The king is right!" Genevieve yelled loudly. "Don't let him in. You can't trust him."

"Said the pot to the kettle." I glared at her. "You have absolutely no option in this, so shut it."

"You see how he treats us, Ebony," Genevieve said under her breath. "No respect."

"You are not serious, are you?" Leon smirked at Genevieve. "You dumb bitch."

"Do not try to use my wife against me, or I promise you I will personally hand you over to the darkness with a big red bow tied around your neck," I growled at my ex-wife as she squirmed in the chair under my glare. "She is the only thing saving you right now." I felt Ebony's call inside my chest, letting me know that she is there.

"Like I said before," Henry quickly changed the subject. "How do we know Vinnie is not a threat to us or working for the darkness."

"He has a point, Carter," Leon said. "I certainly didn't employ him after we left this world, but we just can't be too careful here. He was never loyal to me anyway."

"If Vinnie worked for the darkness, he would be dead by now. He serves no purpose to it anymore. The darkness knows where we are and is simply waiting for its time to attack just like us. Besides, he's not bright enough to double-cross us. It's Vinnie." I shrugged, looking at him and making faces on the glass. "Look at him!"

"If you are sure," Henry said, admitting defeat. "I mean, if he is double-crossing us, I would just shred him like ham anyway, so I guess it's fine."

"Go to the door dickhead." Jacob said, smacking the glass with his hand. "The door!"

We followed Jacob and Callan to the front and waited anxiously to see what was greeting us.

"THE FAMILY IS BACK TOGETHER, BABY!" Vinnie yelled with a smile on his face as Jacob opened the door. "I'm back bitches!" He grabbed Jacob in his arms and squeezed him so hard that Jacob started making weird moans and grunts as he struggled against Vinnie's embrace. "I missed you, man."

"You're breaking me." Jacob whinged under Vinnie's strength.

"Dude! You are jacked up." Callan said, amused by Vinnie's now muscular frame. "Look at you! Damn." Vinnie smiled and nodded, posing with his huge muscles.