50

"Welcome home, brother," Leon said warmly, hugging me as I entered my home in the vampire world.

"Thank you. Has everything been alright around here?" I said, looking around the mansion like I had been gone for a year. It was nice to be home.

"We have been ok. Ebony has been beside herself with worry about you. She hasn't slept in a week." He shook his head. "Her powers are becoming strong, though. She has been focused on her training with the boys. They have looked after her." He patted me on the back. "How are you doing?"

I shrugged. "I went to confession."

"Excuse me?" Leon raised his eyebrow sharply at me. "Is that a euphemism for sex or something? Is that what the kids are calling it these days?"

"No, I actually went to a church and confessed my sins."

Leon started to laugh like I had just told him a funny punch line.

"I'm not joking."

He stopped laughing and stared at me. "A church? You went to a church."

"I didn't plan on it, but yes, I did."

"I see." He took a step back. "I'm just going to....get a drink...BOYS!....You just stay here, and I'll be right back...BOYS!" He yelled not so subtly to Jacob and Callan.

I shook my head and sighed. "Leon, I'm not possessed, and I'm not crazy. I went to the human world after I was released from the council, and I went to a bar in the city where the bartender helped me find my path again. He helped me see the light.."

"Your path to a church?" Leon said, raising his eyebrow again.

"Yes, well, no, but yes. You had to be there." I threw my arms in the air in frustration. "The cross exploded and everything. It was very dramatic."

"BOYS!" Leon yelled again.

"I met a priest who helped me clear my head by listening to my sins..."

"A priest in a church helped you, a creature made from pure sin in a church?" Leon was looking at me like I was crazy.

"I'm not crazy!" I yelled.

"Who's crazy?" Jacob said, entering from the kitchen. "I swear I didn't do it. It was all Callan's idea...Bossman, when did you get back? Good to see you. Whatever the problem is, though, I didn't do it. Just so you know." Jacob smiled as I hugged him tightly. "Back cracking, ouch." He groaned under my embrace.

"You are such a pussy." Callan laughed behind me. "Father, you're back. You have been missed around here."

"My boy." I turned to hug my son. "My boy."

"Ok, stop now." Callan groaned. "What's going on? Why does Leon look like he has seen a ghost?" Callan looked between Leon and Jacob awkwardly. "What?"

"I don't know, man." Jacob shrugged. "Ask this guy." He pointed to Leon. "Again though, whatever it is, I didn't do it....on purpose."

"I'll let your father explain," Leon said, holding his hands in front of him.

"It's nothing." I protested. "I went to the human world and ended up at a church. No big deal."

"I see, and by the church, you mean brothel?" Jacob said, giving me the same look my brother had given me. "Did you sleep with girls dressed up like nuns and confess your sins because I've been there," Jacob smirked. "Feels good on the inside and outside, if you know what I mean." He winked and smiled.

"No, I went to a damn human church and spoke with a damn priest," I yelled. "What is it with sex and you three?"

"I'm not sure what to say here," Callan said calmly. "You entered a church? A house of God?"