64.

"We have to what now?" Jake said, raising his eyebrow at me as I explained the details of the devils' contract.

"We are going to help with errands and tasks he needs help with." I shrugged, sipping my coffee slowly and avoiding everyone's eyes on me.

"And by he, you mean the king of hell?" Jake crossed his arms over his broad chest, still with his eyebrow raised in disgust. "So let me get this straight. The devil now owns my perfect round ass?"

"Well, yes, but.."

"Do you know what the devil likes to do to perfection, Ebony?" Jake was becoming dramatic as he pointed to his butt again.

"He won't do anything to your ass. Calm down." I rolled my eyes.

"He might." Penelope smiled. "I mean, it is a beautiful bum." She blew a kiss as Jake did.

"See!" Jake pointed to Penelope. "The demon gets it."

"Will you stop it? I feel bad enough for making this decision. I know this is a shock to hear, but..." I felt compelled to leave the room. "I need some air." I turned on my heels and walked quickly outside. I sat on the back step and looked out at the flowers growing in the back garden as I held in my tears. "I'm such an idiot. I screwed everything up."

"No baby, you did what you as needed to do." I smiled as I heard my husband's voice behind me. "No one wants to make the tough decisions, but everyone will have an opinion about them after they are made." Carter sat on the step beside me and took my hand in his. "You did what needed to be done. I'm proud of you." He kissed my hand gently.

"I hate feeling this way." I rested my head on his shoulder.

"I know, but you did the right thing. You saved our boys from a lifetime of darkness. Even I couldn't do that. Thank you." He kissed the top of my head. "They are lucky to have such a strong mom in their lives."

"They might not say that after they are given their first task from the devil." I sighed. "Arrr, I'm sick of feeling like this. I did a good thing. I saved their damn un-dead lives, and all they do is complain about it. Dead beats."

"Yes, they are." Carter nodded.

"I could have let all them die."

"Yes, you could have." Carter nodded.

"But I saved them, and they all got mad at me. Not Penelope but me."

"I know, baby." Carter kissed my hand again. "You want me to kill them? I would for you,"

I smiled up at him. "I know." I kissed him slowly. "It's fine."

"Eb, can I talk to you for a minute, please?" Jake was standing at the backdoor.

"I'll give you both a moment." Carter kissed my cheek and stood up. "You make her cry. I will snap your neck." He growled at Jake as he walked back inside.

"Thanks, boss." Jake sat next to me on the step and stared forward, just like I was doing. "You know I love you, right?" He kept his eyes forward.

"Yeah, I guess." I shrugged and looked down as my stomach fell into knots.

"I didn't mean to have a go at you. I just feel like..." he paused and sighed, running his hand threw his blonde hair. "Eb, I'm sorry." Jake pulled me close to him. "I hate this distance between us now. I feel like we don't hang out anymore."

"It has been forever since it was just you and me, but I guess that's because a lot has changed." I shrugged.

"No, you've changed. You are married and have a baby now. I'm still struggling through life with no idea what to do, and now I feel even more lost because you're not there to yell at me. I do stupid things all the time now because you're not there."