"How did you do that?"

"Have a nice scare!" I plastered on a fake smile as people filled through the doors after my dad. Turning my attention back to the reserch at hand I took a glance at my notes, blank, except for the header. 'Bloody Mary'

"Katy, how was the Ouija board doing?" Thomas asked walking in from another room, picking it up from beside me.

"It's voice still sounds electronic, but you're getting closer."

"How bad was it?" He ran his hands through his black hair in frustration.

"I could tell it was fake."

"You can tell when everything is fake! You've grown up with this stuff!" He has a point, Halloween was my families favorite holiday. We just made it last year round when we moved here to 'Haunted' Halloway.

"How bad would it sound to other people?"

"It sounds staticy, just tweek it some more and make it sound more demonic or deep at least. That's how most people see Ouija boards anyway." I said, trying to give him the answers he was looking for.

"Why?"

"Ouija is a combination of two words: "oui" and "ja" which mean "yes" in French and German, saying 'yes' to allowing the communication. The board itself is not dangerous but the form of communication normally is."

"So? It's just wood."

"The board is a piece of compressed wood, sold in almost all toy stores, yes. But the board is an uncontrolled communication letting in dangers." 

"What can be so dangerous?"

"There are certain 'areas' that ghost reside in, but the lowest level is where ghost that died suddenly or died horrible deaths like murders, suicide or whatever live in. That's where the danger comes from but also when the speaker or holder of the planchete asks 'can you move this lamp?" I pretend to hold my fingers on the planchete as if I'm actually asking.

"Don't do it!" Thomas hits my hands away from the board.

"It's a game! It's legends and myths that make people afraid to try it! You made this stupid hunk of wood, why are you scared?"

"Because I don't want a demon to haunt us!"

"It's fake. You're making it magnitized to it moves on its own!" I hear screams of one of the groups as something scared them out of the room they were in.

"Where did your dad take them?"

"I think to my favorite room." I sent him a wink, making him shutter slightly at the memory of when I locked him in there.

"I hate that room." He left the room in a quick pace, holding the ouija board at arms length now afraid of his creation.

"You're the one that wanted this job! I told you there was an initiation!" I turned back to the computer and clicked on the email tab so I could email him the last few pieces of information on the ouija boards, including 'actual' encounters. I didn't believe any of those stories, they were made up to add to the legend.

Screams filled my ears a few minutes later, it always made me wonder what room my parents had led the group into. There were a number of themed rooms in the three story house, but on the outside they all looked the same. They appeared to be almost old prison like doors, in a dark dungy hallway. There was a 'ding' from Thomas writing me back.

Is there anything you shouldn't say to the board? What do you if you get a bad spirit? How do you safely talk to them?

I groaned slightly, putting my face in my hands. "You couldn't just come in here and ask me that yourself?" There was another ding.

No, now please answer.

You shouldn't say 'is anyone there' or 'can you do this' either of those is supposedly opening a door way for spirits, evil and good, to come through. If you get a bad spirit, which is highly probable, say good bye before they can cause harm. Wording is very important when dealing with these, you want to stay as controlled as possible. Most importantly never ask 'when will I die' or "how will I die'. Otherwise that evil entity is going to kill you :) Have a nice sleep tonight Thomas! :D

I would be playing a joke on him later tonight if he kept all this hocus pocus stuff up. It gets him so freaked out, that I don't understand why he applied for this job except that his parents told him to get a job for 'expierence'. A seventeen year old guy doesn't need expierence at a shrieking shack on the edge of town.

You're a bitch.

I'm being honest. Oh and there are rumors that if you put things you love under and around the board while doing it then it can keep evil spirits at bay or that if you ask only for good spirits. None of these are tested, don't try them. Another is that the board picks the player, so when this goes active make sure you know someone who's in the room and call their name through the board.

That's mean. Maybe we should test some of those ;)

Then don't work here and sure if you take the evil thing home after we're done because I know for hell it's not coming home with me.

.......On second thought, I'm ok. Unless you're up for a little Halloween fun.

That's four months away, and on All Hallows eve is when the line between the dead and the living is blurred the most making it almost desolved completely... muhahahaha!!! 3:)

Katy, you do too much research..... it can't be healthy for your psyche.

My psyche is just fine.

"Hey Katy, can you test the Ouija board again?" I looked up to see Thomas standing in front of the desk, handing me the board.

"How did you do that?"

"Do what?"

"You just sent me this message like a minute ago." I said turning to the screen showing him our gmail chat box.

"I was in the work room for the past ten minutes trying to make this board to your insanely high standards of creepy. That's not me and your brother was helping me." There was another ding from the chat box.

How about now Katy?

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

picture of Katy :D

two votes for next chapter?