9.Not like any other

Start from the beginning

Ruqqaya who had been quiet for sometime chipped in.

'Zahra that's a good thing yeah? I don't want to live with in laws! I hear all these horrible stories and I'm like na'ah! Boy bye.'

We laughed so hard at her comment.

'Not necessarily. I stay with my in laws and Alhamdulillah they are good people. The home is so alive and all. Feels like family.'

'Mashallah lucky lucky you. But wallahi I won't take that risk.'
We all laughed again.

I had taken my annual leave from work and Alhamdulillah I had one whole month free now, just concentrating on the wedding without pressure from work. My phone started ringing  and it was Sayeed, wow. Some negativity and a lot of positivity and love during these moments.

'Asalaam aleykum , how is the most handsome brother doing?'

'Waaleykum salaam my darling. Alhamdulillah the handsome brother is doing well today.'

'Ah.. that's amazing Alhamdulillah.'

'How are you and everything with the arrangements , someone has been dying to find out.' Sayeed laughed and I just knew that he meant Youssef.
They hang out a lot these days and they've become somewhat close. I blushed hearing about Youssef my cheeks all red and all of my sisters looked at me questioningly.

'Aqsa, lost your tongue?' Sayeed teased.

'Oh stop it. I'm just busy that's all. Everything is going on well Alhamdulillah. We are just packing and all that.'

We talked a bit and we continued unpacking our shopping bags. Zahra then had to go.

'I have to go now Aqsa. Ahmad will be home soon and I haven't prepared anything.'

'Aqsa you hear? MARITAL RESPONSIBILITIES! are you still sure?' Saffiyya teased me. This girl was crazy SubhanAllah.

'You know what, we'll drop you at your place and then we'll go eat outside. You guys are in yeah?'

'Ofcourse!' The teenagers replied.

I dropped her at her place, then we went off to have Dominos pizza. As we sat waiting for our order, Ruqqaya elbowed me.

'Aqsa, isn't that Youssef?'

My stomach dropped I was so scared now. We all turned to look in his direction. He was in a white thobe and his hair wasn't trimmed. The golden curls so evident now. He just stood holding a small paper bag as he leaned over the metal railing as he was on his phone and he seemed like he was waiting for someone. Was he still with Sayeed? They were together half an hour ago.

'The minute he turns and finds us looking at him.' Saffiyya laughed.

I laughed too. 'Okay now look away, enough.' I told them and they laughed.

'Come on it's not like we are checking your hubby out. Let's just see if he is with Sayeed. So we can see our brother and say Salaam.' Ruqqaya laughed.

As if sensing the eyes on him, Youssef looked up and his eyes met the six pair of eyes looking at him. Very awkward. He casually waved and we looked away. Just a few minutes later, we felt the movement towards us as two men made their way towards Dominos.