17-I'M SORRY I LOVE YOU

Start from the beginning

"Why would Greg say that?"

"Maybe because you keep leading him on despite the fact that you're married. I can't let you hurt J"

I was dumbfounded. Was i really that blind? I was just so desperate for a friend that i chose to overlook everything.

"He won't care"I mumbled.

"What?"

"he won't care, it's an open marriage ". Her eyes went round in shock "Greg is my friend and that's all i see him as "
"J offered you an open marriage!?"she asked in disbelief.

"I have to go"i turned to leave. I felt her grab my arm to stop me.

"Do you l...Love Greg?"her voice was gentle and full of sadness.

"No"i said without turning to look at her. She let go of my arm.

As i headed for my car,she mumbled an apology.

I can't blame Tiara. Was i really leading Greg on?

I have to talk to him.

🏢🏢🏢🏢🏢🏢🏢
I walked into JC wondering if it was the right decision to come here. I walked to the receptionist.

"I'm here to see Greg, Greg Ross."

"Welcome Mrs Carter, i'll inform him of your arrival "

Hearing her call me Mrs Carter sent a tingling sensation to my stomach. It was soothing to my ears.

Stop being a crazy bitch.

"The 16th floor ma'am, the door at the end of the hallway"her voice brought me back to Earth.

"thanks"i said and strolled to the elevator, my heels clicking on the marble floor.

I knocked on the door and entered. Greg was pacing the room.

"Greg?"

He jumped back in surprise. "Hi Anny"He walked over to me."come sit"

"I'm okay. We have to talk Greg"

I noticed his shoulders tense up.

"Before you say anything, i didn't mean to tell Tiara that. She just kept pestering me....."

"So it's not true?"I cut him off.
I really hoped it wasn't true. Greg was a great friend.

Sadness overtook his features as he sent his hand through his hair. He didn't say anything and i just stood there, staring at him.

"I'm sorry Anny. It is. I love you"

Why do i feel horrible? I always wanted someone to say that to me. But now, it didn't feel right coming from Greg.

He tried to hold my shoulders but i shifted backwards.

"I know getting married to John wasn't what you wanted. I understand it's not real and that after all this is over you....."

"It's real, for me"

"What do you mean?"he asked, his brows pulled together in confusion.

"I want it to be real Greg. I don't know how but.."i sighed "i never want this to end"

Greg slowly backed away. "You love him?"

"I'm sorry Greg " i hurried out of his office.

⛏️⛏️⛏️⛏️⛏️⛏️⛏️
Falling in love with John was never part of the plan, but who plans love?