Tom riddle x reader ~ avoiding

Start from the beginning

'Because you've been avoiding me for the past 5 days. We haven't spoken at all and when I want to you just vanish.'

You didn't know what to say. You weren't mentally prepared for this.

'It's nothing Tom. You didn't do anything.'

'Then why won't you talk to me? We aren't in a fight.. at least not that I know. Wait you're not mad because I didn't use your DADA assignment, right?'

'No. It's all fine. Don't worry about it.'

'Well I am your best friend so I am worried. It's not that people stop talking to you without a reason.'

You sighed and looked at Emma. She raised her brows. You looked back at Tom.

'I wouldn't understand, okay?' You said before walking away.

Tom turned around and his eyes watched you leave.

'Then explain it to me so I can try!' He yelled after you.

But you were already gone. He sighed.

'Is she serious?' He asked Emma.

'I guess so.'

'Goddammit.' He sighed before running after you, but he already lost you.

'Is he still trying to talk to her?'

Emma looked up and she saw Tina.

'Yes.'

'I wish he'd give up already.' Tina sighed. 'I will never be able to become his girlfriend if he keeps liking her like this.'

Emma looked at her.

'What? Tom likes Y/N?'

'Yes. He came to me and he was upset because she's avoiding him and he told me. I was just gathering my courage to tell him. Such bad luck.'

Bad luck.. It was for her but Emma saw a good opportunity..

-

'What are you doing?' You asked Emma who was dragging you towards a different corridor.

It was about a week since Tom confronted you. Nothing really changed. He tried to talk to you more often but it never worked.

'Just close your eyes.'

You sighed and closed your eyes. You heard a door open and Emma gave you a push. You bumped against some sort of wall and fell onto the floor. You opened your eyes.

'You pushed me into a broom closet?!' You asked.

'Yes and you'll stay here.' Emma said before closing the door.

She used a spell to lock it from you. You got up and tried to opens the door.

'Emma!' You yelled. 'I'll kill you if I get out of here!'

'I'm sorry Y/N. I had to do something.'

'Hi Emma.' You heard outside.

You recognised the voice. It was one of Toms friends. His name was Victor.

'What's Emma doing here?' Tom asked.

Tom was outside?!

'We have a surprise for you.'

Emma used another spell to unlock the door.

'Emma you let me out of here right now!'

You wanted to walk put but Victor pushed Tom in. He pushed him against you and you both fell down, Tom laying partly on top of you. He opened his eyes and the door closed.

'What in wizards name is going on?! This is my surprise?!' He asked.

You tried to push Tom away. Him being so close to you made you feel all sorts of things. Tom got up and offered you his hand. You didn't take it and just got up. You walked towards the door and tried to open it.

'Let is out!' You yelled.

'What is this all supposed to be?' Tom asked.

'I don't know! Else I wouldn't want to get out of here.' You sighed. 'Emma.. why are you doing this?!'

'You and Tom need to talk.. I'm not letting you two out until everything is cleared.' She said.

'Exactly.' Victor said.

Emma looked at him.

'How did that add anything to what I just said?' She asked.

'I'm helping.' He spoke.

'I do agree with this. I do think we need to talk.' Tom said.

'No we don't.. and especially not in a broom closet with our noses almost pressed together.' (A/N: Yeah lol it's so weird to write something about noses with young Tom seeing he won't have one for very long xD)

'We do need to talk. You're still avoiding me and it has a reason. What ever it is, what ever I've done, tell me so I can fix it.'

You let to door go and turned to him.

'It's nothing you've done or said. Just let it go Tom. Maybe this is best for both of us.'

You turned back to the door and tried you hardest to open it while you know it wasn't going to happen.

'Why do you suddenly think that? What could have changed?' He asked.

You stopped pulled the door knob and sighed.

'Nothing changed. I don't know what happened I just feel like.. this is the best for both of us.'

'Why?' He asked.

You laid your forehead against the door. The doorknob was still in your hand.

'Because maybe losing each other like this is so much more easy.' You said.

'Losing each other? We aren't losing each other.'

Tom laid his hand on your shoulder. You turned around and moved it away from you.

'We will be. When I tell you why I've been avoiding you.. I think I'll lose you... And I don't want that. So I figured that maybe this was better so my feelings wouldn't get hurt.'

'But you're hurting my feelings Y/N. I deserve to know why you're doing this to me.'

You leaned against the door.

'I can't tell you. I'm sorry.' You said.

'SHE HAS FEELINGS FOR YOU!' Emma yelled.

You couldn't believe she just said that. Tom looked at you in surprise.

'AND YOU HAVE FEELINGS FOR HER JUST SAY IT ALREADY AND GET THIS THING OVER WITH WE HAVE CLASS SOON.' Emma continued.

You looked at Tom.

'Is that true?' Tom asked.

'Is that what she said about you true?' You asked.

Tom stepped closer to you. Your breath shivered when his face came closer to yours. He leaned in and pressed his lips against yours. You felt amazing right away. Your lips couldn't hold back and you kissed him back. The kiss was passionate and sweet. It was perfect. He pulled back.

'I guess that's a yes.' You blushed.

'I guess that's a yes from you too.' Tom smiled.