Chapter 12

Robert

I hear Rose cry out as we run after E, but I don't look back. We need to get her inside, but she needs to be away from my parents. My feet know the way back and I don't let my grip and her hand falter. The watery stick is still back on the beach, but it'll soak into the sand soon enough and plus its not that we're worried about.

E and I found that soon after we managed to use out talent we saw a vision. I don't remember what I saw but I remember what E saw, she saw Rose. That was when we had no idea that there would be another one of us but, we worked out, soon enough that whatever you saw came true.

I'll have to ask E again what I saw, it was so unimportant I don't remember.

The problem is though that it hurts like hell, like a hot coal is setting your chest on fire all over again.

I feel Rose's wrist slip in my hand, I look over my shoulder to see her stumbling along behind me. But she's still going, at least I think.

We're nearing the end of the tunnel when I see E again, she is looking out the small hole we made at the side of the doorframe. I run towards her and stop a few paces shot of where she stands. That's when Rose cry's out in pain again.

I spin round and see her on her knees and clutching her chest with her free hand, the other is still in mine. I let go out of fright and then I drop to the ground next to her calling E as I go,

'Elise, we need you here' I say in a horse whisper.

She rushes over to me and drops to the ground in front of Rose. Her fingers jump straight to the buttons on Roses shirt and set to work unbuttoning them. She is still cursing herself for taking rose out there, but how was she supposed to know that Rose would be able to change a whole bloomin' stick to water?

'its not your fault that this happened' I say 'how could either of us now she could control what she was doing?'

'I know, I know' she replies not looking up 'but we should have done it somewhere else, and explained to her what would happen when she managed...'

I look back at Rose, against the wall, who has her eyes closed and a hand on her chest

'fire, fire, it's like fire on my chest and fire everywhere' she moans

Elise has finally got the top three buttons on Roses shirt open. She pulls on Roses wrist and when it is off her chest and then she replaces it with her own hand.

'Robert, I'm seeing what Rose sees, I can't see you-' Elise calls moveing her head around to see if she can hear me. '-watch the door, make sure no one hears us'

'can do' I say, and I run to the door to make sure no-one is in the hallway outside.