Chapter 3

Rose

I'm dead.

I must be.

Everything is white, but why am I still in pain?

Suddenly as I'm slammed back to reality I remember what happened on the beach and I wonder who saved me. As my eyes adjust I notice the white room is tiled and is filled with strange machines with lights. As I look at the ceiling, I notice I'm lying down with a sheet covering me to my armpits.

Something beeps to my right and I turn my head to see what made the sound. A stab of pain goes through me as I move my head, a gasp escapes me. I look through my peripheral vision and see at least ten tubes connected to my arm, that's when I become aware that I am naked.

I black out again.

* * *

When I wake again, and I am still lying down with the sheet over me. I look at my right shoulder and see the tubes are gone but in its place is a long cord taped to my chest, a heart monitor. I feel calmer now that the pain has gone from my neck, but my chest still is painful. Then out of nowhere it hits me, 'I am calm' I think.

Suddenly I'm scared, this is not supposed to happen, I have no emotions they were stolen!

I don't care!

I scream louder.

Someone bursts into the room carrying a syringe. They jab it into my neck, pushing the plunger. I stop, then what ever was in the syringe takes over and I black out.

Again.

* * *