[1] epilogue

𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂

𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂

"JOHNNY! i'm home," mackenzie announced to the seemingly empty house. there was no response so mackenzie definitely thought johnny wasn't home.

she put her bag down and took her shoes off, after the two graduated university together, they decided to buy a house and moved in together. mackenzie sometimes found herself wondering how they were able to stay together for a very long time. johnny decided to accomplish his dreams after collage and university to become a singer. mackenzie decided to just become a teacher since being with kids was a nice feeling.

mackenzie went upstairs and looked inside their bedroom and even the guest bedroom, it was still empty. mackenzie didn't give up yet, she walked down the stairs and into johnny's study room (aka office) and peeked inside. still nothing.

so no one is home. mackenzie drew herself to a conclusion and went back up stairs to her bedroom. after a couple minutes of laying down on her bed, she heard some noises and someone going under the covers beside her.

it was a familiar scent and it was 100% johnny. he wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her closer. she felt her back hit his chest and she secretly smiled. he dug his face into her neck, smelling her scent.

"i missed you." johnny said and mackenzie could feel him pout. "i know." she responded.

there was one minute of silence, it was a comforting silence. johnny holding mackenzie tight and mackenzie enjoying the attention and company. "why do you take so long to get home?" johnny questioned her.

"it's a full time job johnny." mackenzie chuckled and johnny groaned. "you take forever." he replied and held her tighter.

another moment of silence fell over the two and mackenzie closed her eyes; wanting to fall asleep. johnny looked over and saw her close her eyes and he planted a long kiss on her cheek. "are you gonna sleep now?" johnny asked in a whisper.

mackenzie nodded and johnny pouted. "but you just got home,"

"and i'm tired." she simply responded and began to drift off. when mackenzie was fully asleep johnny sighed and fell asleep also.

the clock read 2:00 am, johnny and mackenzie slept until 2:00 am. johnny rubbed his eyes and opened the lamp that was on his night stand. he quietly and slowly opened the nightstand drawer and there it was: a velvet coloured box that stored a ring inside.

johnny bit his lip and opened it. he looked at the ring and suddenly became nervous. all that was in his head was the ring and how he was gonna soon propose to the love of his life.

johnny didn't notice mackenzie sitting up behind him, her chest hit his bare back and she wrapped her arms around his bare waist. she placed her chin on his shoulder and also looked at the ring.

a breath was caught in johnny's throat and mackenzie smiled. "i wanna marry you." mackenzie whispered and kissed his cheek.

END

BEA'S NOTE

i swear that
i will mean it
i say:
will you, marry me?
— jason derulo ⋆

ahh, can't believe it! it's finished, well; not yet. this is the first epilogue since i had 2 endings in mind. so no, this book isn't completed yet!
hope you enjoyed!
xoxo
— bea ✎