ten

PERFECT FOR U

FRIDAY.

"WHERE the fuck is he?!" mackenzie said to herself. getting a bit impatient.

johnny never missed a movie night, expect for when he had to study for a very important exam but he texted mackenzie letting her know.

this time was differnet, johnny didn't text mackenzie shit and that upsetted the girl who had everything prepared for johnny.

she ordered pizza and made the popcorn right afterwards, she also grabbed some sprite cans for him. mackenzie looked up at the clock in her living room then groaned.

mackenzie unlocked her phone and called johnny, after a couple rings; that annoying voice telling you to leave a voicemail came.

the girl rolled her eyes and sent her best friend a text, this time a bit more angry since he was almost a whole hour late.

maybe he was busy? but of course johnny wasn't, he and mackenzie made sure to never make plans since their movie night is a very special night. it was honestly the only thing that kept johnny and mackenzie's friendship.

MACKENZIE
hi lauren
where is ur brother

LAUREN ORLANDO
hi kenzie
sorry
i don't know where johnny went
he simply just left the house

MACKENZIE
oh ok
thanks

LAUREN ORLANDO
oh yeah no problem

mackenzie pouted and proceeded to continue the movie night, alone.

mackenzie had the sudden urge to cry, this was only the second time johnny didn't attend, mackenzie would've been fine if he sent her a text but instead he didn't call or text her anything.

that made mackenzie feel worse, she knew nothing about johnny's whereabouts and she felt she wasn't even important to him anymore.

mackenzie sighed and wiped the single tear that rolled down her cheek, she called mandla quickly and he picked up the phone quite fast.

— mandla?
— are you free right now?

yes i am, what's up? —
wait. you never call me on yours and johnny's movie night. —
don't tell me he didn't show up.. —

bingo! that jerk didn't show up.
— he didn't even send me a text or call me.
— jerk move, huh?

damn right that's a jerk move —
i'm guessing you want nadia and i to come over? —

yes! oh my god you're so smart.
— i love you, now come over with nadia.

okay! —

after the call ended, mackenzie smiled knowing that her two other best friends were gonna come and fill in for johnny tonight.

but her mind still lingered on where johnny was, what was so important he had to ditch mackenzie?

"happy birthday, sophia!" everyone cheered out for that girl dressed in a baby blue dress.

"thank you all for coming, and thank you especially to my boyfriend johnny." sophia grinned widely and kissed johnny's cheek.

he grinned back but looked down at his phone; seeing 5 missed calls and 22 text messages.

"cut the cake! cut the cake!" sophia's baby cousin cheered out, sophia laughed at her baby cousin and started to cut her birthday cake into slices.

"sophia, i have to use the bathroom." johnny whispered into his girlfriend's ear. sophia nodded and continued cutting the cake into slices.

"shit." johnny mumbled to himself.

BEA'S NOTE

lately, i've been, i've been thinking
i want you to be happier
even though i, might not like this
i think that you'll be happier
— marshmello (ft. bastille) ⋆

well, now you know what happened on that movie night johnny missed with mackenzie
hope you enjoyed!
see you next chapter
xoxo
— bea ✎