fifteen

PERFECT FOR U

JOHNNY felt the pressure was on, he took deep breaths as he nervously waited for sophia to arrive.

"it's alright johnny, sophia's just meeting your parents. we just need their approval." johnny said to himself as he paced around his bedroom.

johnny looked down at his phone and realized sophia had sent him a text.

SOPH
johnny
i'm coming now
don't be stressed
if your parents don't approve of me
it's okay

johnny didn't know how to respond, the fear of his parents saying they didn't approve of her made the anxiety level go up.

johnny's mind was on auto pilot, he didn't even bother to respond to sophia but quickly texted the only girl he trusted.

JOHN
help
sophia's meeting my parents
and i'm nervous

KENZIE
what do you want me to do

JOHN
supportive words?

KENZIE
okay well,
you and sophia will do great
and don't worry about what your parents say
if you love sophia you'll stay with her through the end

JOHN
okay, thank u

"sophia, do you have any weekend jobs or weekday jobs?" mer, johnny's mother, asked sophia. sophia swallowed the piece of steak before replying to mer.

"i work at a starbucks on thursdays and fridays, the rest of my weekdays and weekends are practices for cheer. i'm in my school's cheer team." sophia explained and johnny's parents nodded, listening to her closely.

"when did you and johnny meet?" johnny's dad, dale questioned and looked over at his son.

"two and a half months ago. i asked her out 3 weeks after we met. we went on 3 dates before we started dating." johnny replied to dale and he nodded, cutting a piece of steak for him to eat.

mer was watching sophia carefully, only 5 minutes into the dinner, mer already had her opinions on sophia. sophia has worn a tight white body suit and paired it with some pale skinny jeans. mer saw mackenzie wearing an outfit like that when she would come over, she was surprised to see sophia wearing it when she was meeting her boyfriend's parents.

"have a safe drive, okay?" johnny told sophia, she nodded and the two pulled away from there hug. sophia going on her tippy-toes to kiss johnny's cheek.

"i'll call you later or tomorrow." sophia whispered and johnny nodded, a bit confused on why she was whispering. johnny shut the door after sophia had walked down the steps and walked to her car.

dale cleared his throat, getting his son's attention. "johnny, sit." dale commanded and pointed to the couch. johnny nervously sat down as he looked at his parents who were standing in front of the tv, looking straight at him.

"we don't like sophia." his parents both said and that made johnny tear up a bit, he really liked sophia and this was what he feared the most.

"why?" johnny nervously asked and dale sighed, feeling a bit bad for him. "i don't think she's right for you." dale responded and mer nodded.

"she seems like a player, and i can't have that for my son. you'll get broken-hearted easily when you date players." mer added on and johnny looked down at the floor, biting his lip.

if only his parents knew that johnny was a player also, and that he dated many girls and broke their hearts too. johnny sighed and nodded his head at his parents.

"we love you a lot johnny, we want what's best for our beloved son. but dating sophia isn't the best idea." dale said and took a seat beside johnny, he patted his back and johnny continued biting his lip.

"so.. i have to break up with sophia?" johnny questioned and his parents awkwardly nodded their heads. "but if you don't want too, it's fine."

johnny scratched the back of his head, nervous as hell. "i think a girl like kenzie is perfect for you. why not date her?" mer brought up mackenzie which suddenly made johnny's heart beat faster.

he quickly forgot about sophia right after his mom brought mackenzie up. "mom, i can't. she's my best friend. if she and i date and break up, we'll loose our friendship." johnny worriedly said and dale chuckled.

"sometimes you have to take risks, johnny. what's meant to be will always find it's way." dale patted his son's back once again before standing up and walking out of the living room.

BEA'S NOTE

found you
when your heart was broke
i filled your cup
until it overflowed
— halsey ⋆

poor johnni :(
15 comments for new chapter
hope you enjoyed!
see you next chapter
xoxo
— bea ✎