nine

PERFECT FOR U

"WAIT!" someone said, immediately stopping mackenzie in her tracks.

"oh my god, what now?" mackenzie angrily and sassily responded. johnny rolled his eyes and grabbed her wrist.

"you ditched me for sophia! it was our movie night yesterday but you didn't show up, then i see on instagram you were with sophia! like who ditches their best friend for their brand new girlfriend?" mackenzie angrily stated, pulling her hand back.

"it wasn't on purpose, it—" mackenzie cut johnny of right before he was about to explain.

"then what was the reason you ditched your best friend, who has been here since you were fucking 3 for your girlfriend?! you didn't even bother to text me you couldn't come, you just simply went on a date with sophia and there i was at home; with pizza and popcorn, ready for you to come!" mackenzie's anger got the best of her, she felt tears coming out of her eyes because of how upset she was.

"i feel like our movie nights.. aren't even ours anymore. the last movie night we had, you brought sophia. and then you ruined this movie night!" mackenzie admitted, looking down at the ground. johnny sighed listening to everything mackenzie was saying.

"you're right, our movie nights aren't even ours. but you can't blame me for ruining everything— you have a boyfriend too!" johnny defended himself and mackenzie rolled her eyes.

"did i ever ditch you for hayden? bitch no!" mackenzie held the urge to slap johnny on the cheek. if she did slap him on the cheek, it would ruin everything.

"you know what? this friendship needs a break! stay away from me 'til i forgive you!" mackenzie stomped away from johnny and called up mandla to pick her up from johnny's house.

after friday, the day johnny ditched mackenzie, mackenzie called and texted him but he didn't respond. as a worried best friend, she went over to his house to see what was happening. but while she was walking to his house she scrolled through instagram and saw that johnny and sophia were together the day before.

EARLIER.

mackenzie rang the doorbell, nervous to see her best friend after seeing the instagram post on her walk to his house.

johnny lazily opened the door, hair messed up but still looking presentable with some shorts and a black plain t-shirt.

"what's up," johnny greeted and mackenzie sighed.

"where were you yesterday?" mackenzie straightforwardly asked him, she could feel her hands becoming sweaty.

"i was.. with sophia..?" after johnny said where he was he scratched the back of his head, realizing he didn't attend mackenzie and his movie night.

"yeah, you totally ditched me." mackenzie crossed her arms over her chest and made an upset looking face.

"that wasn't my intention. i can explain." johnny responded and mackenzie rolled her eyes afterwards.

mackenzie realized she didn't wanna listen to him so she turned her back towards johnny and started to walk back home.

"wait!" johnny called out, making mackenzie stop in her tracks.

BEA'S NOTE

and i hate to do this to you on
your birthday
happy birthday
by the way
— billie eilish ⋆

☕️☕️
hope you enjoyed!
see you next chapter
xoxo
— bea ✎