prologue

PROLOGUE

THE NIGHT finally fell on los angeles. although today was a beautiful sunny, california day; it was getting too hot and everyone was ready for the chilly night.

but to mackenzie ziegler and johnny orlando; the night was still young, and the duo were just getting ready to start their movie night.

johnny leaned back on mackenzie's headboard as the movie 'to all the boys i've loved before' was starting. mackenzie chewed loudly on the popcorn as female voice started to talk.

"why do we have to watch this movie.. again?" johnny questioned his best friend laying down beside him.

mackenzie rolled her eyes then smiled. "simple. for noah centineo, duh." mackenzie replied to the bored boy beside her.

"we're watching something cooler after this." johnny said and mackenzie nodded but clearly she ignored what he just said.

"noah centineo." mackenzie whispered and smiled brightly.

"johnny orlando." johnny whispered as well, getting hit in the chest by mackenzie. "you're a playboy, noah isn't."

"so?" mackenzie rolled her eyes at johnny and continued to watch the movie, johnny doing the same.

during the whole night, johnny planned ahead and turned the ringer off his phone. thank god he did it, because if he didn't; he'd be having rings non-stop. that would annoy mackenzie big time.

"bye johnny." mackenzie waved to the dirty-blonde haired boy who was walking down the ziegler residence's pathway.

johnny turned around and waved back to mackenzie before entering his car and driving off.

mackenzie sighed and a sudden feeling of lonelieness circled around her. before going back upstairs to her room, she sat down on the first step of the staircase.

she stared down at her phone lock screen; which was a picture of johnny and her together.

PLAYBOY
goodnight
xoxo
ew i hate that
but since you like it
i'll send it
only to u
sweet dreams ziegler x

mackenzie smiled at the texts johnny sent a minute ago. okay, maybe having a flirty best friend is sometimes good. makes mackenzie feel better about being single.

BEA'S NOTE!

only fools fall for you
only fools do what i do
only fools
fall
— troye sivan ⋆

hope you enjoyed!
see you next chapter
xoxo
— bea ✎