Chapter Seventeen

C h a p t e r S e v e n t e e n
G o o d L u c k P r o m i s e s

The newly constructed arena outside the Hogwarts ground was overflowing with excited students, all anticipating for the last challenge

The newly constructed arena outside the Hogwarts ground was overflowing with excited students, all anticipating for the last challenge. Most of the students held the colours of the champion they were supporting to win.

Evelyn did not have a specific winner in mind. She just wanted to see Cedric and Harry walk out of the maze safe. The brunette swerved between more students entering the arena, in search of the Champion's tents.

Each Champion had their own tent for this task, it allowed them a space to prepare for their toughest challenge. Eve was relieved when she came across a row of four tents. She entered the first one which she knew would be Harry's as it presented the Gryffindor house colours.

Evelyn entered cautiously. She feared that Harry might be speaking to Professor Moody, who had become a sort of mentor for Harry in the tournament. However when she entered the tent she found the boy sat in a chair staring at his wand.

Evelyn stepped further into the tent catching the attention of her friend, who stood to embrace her in a hug.

"Hey," she greeted into his shoulder. She held him tightly, afraid of the possibilities that he wouldn't come back. "How are you feeling?"

"Terrific," he muttered sarcastically with a light laugh at Eve's attempt to calm him.

"I think you meant terrified," she spoke quietly as they stepped out of the embrace to look at each other.

"Well that too," he shrugged. Evelyn smiled up at the boy before her expression turned serious.

"I want you to do something for me," she instructed, before pulling an important item from her sleeve. "Take my wand for the task."

"What?" Hardy questioned in shock.

"Take my wand for the task, you know that it's powerful."

Harry pushed the object back towards his friend while it remained in her hand. "I think you're mistaken, it's a powerful wand because you make it that way."

Evelyn signed in defeat, she wanted Harry to have every advantage possible for this challenge. "Well then...take it for luck," she suggested, once again offering the object.

Harry also signed, knowing that this was the only way to comfort Evelyn's mind. She had stressed for months about the tasks, she had done what she could to help without the professors finding out.

"Okay," he complied as he took the wand and placed it into his sleeve.

Both students looked to the exit of the tent as they heard an announcement, informing everyone that the champions would be making their entrance soon.

"I need to speak to Cedric before it starts," Evelyn explained as she turned back to Harry.

"Okay, I'll um...see you soon hopefully," he muttered. Harry didn't know what to say right now, he knew how dangerous this last task was going to be. But be didn't feel like he could say a goodbye.