Chapter 7 - Girls Night...or Not

Chapter Seven: Girls Night...or Not 

I rang the doorbell that was lit up on the right side of the entrance. Completely aware that Liam was still standing behind me. "You can't come with me." I said keeping my eyes straight.  

"Oh, luv, I assure you I certainly can." He coolly replied.  

I let out a long sigh, I knew he was going to follow me, and I knew there was nothing I could do about it. Also it would be too late to back out now, I already rang the damn doorbell, I had to go through with this evening.  

"Okay well keep your comments to your-" I was cut off by the door opening. A lady in a maid's outfit eyed me wearily. The silence stretched like a thick elastic band as she eyed me up and down. I heard Liam snickering behind me. This...was going to be a long night. 

"You must be Miss Mason, please come in." She opened the door wider and gestured me forward with her hand. "The other ladies are in the Common Room. Right this way." She began walking away. 

Common Room, this house had a Common Room—which just goes to prove how massive it was. The foyer was immaculate, the flooring was marble and it had the double stair case which went up on both sides to form the shape of a horse shoe. There was a massive crystal chandelier hanging from the incredibly high ceiling that sent trickles of sparkling light throughout the entrance.  

"Quite the teach this lass got, aint it?" Liam's voice cut into my trance. 

"What?" I asked not knowing what the heck he was talking about.  

"Teach...house - you know? But you should get a move on, the maid went that way." He pointed to my right, which opened up into a family room.  

"We really need to get you speaking proper English. I never understand a word you're saying. And in my world Teach is short form for Teach-ER" 

"Rileigh! There you are." Lisa's voice stopped me dead in my tracks. "Who were you talking to?"  

Damn.  

I shot Liam a look of annoyance. It was already starting, he was making me look like a fool. I looked back at Lisa, I couldn't let him get to me. Not tonight. I had to think of a response. And fast.  

"Oh no one, well...myself, I guess, I was just flabbergasted by your home, it's amazing." Flabbergasted, good one Rileigh, I chastised myself. Maybe coming here tonight was not such a good idea after all. Maybe with an annoying phantom in my life, going anywhere besides my house was not a good idea.  

"Nice save luv." Liam laughed.  

I had to find a way to "free" him, so we could both move on with our lives. If things continued to go the way they were, I might as well kiss college and friends good bye.  

"Yeah, it's a little over the top. Been in the family for generations. But come, you're just in time for your mani-pedi!" Lisa responded, thankfully before I lost my cool with Liam. This was surely going to be a night to remember. 

I ignored any comments that came from Liam as Lisa led me out of the foyer and through the living room, then dining room—which was just as extravagant as the previous rooms—and then through a door. If I didn't have a guide with me at all times during my stay here I would most definitely get lost. 

The Common Room was what you would expect any Common Room to be, it had the Theatre style leather couches, a massive sixty inch flat screen television, and a pool table, amongst other recreational games such as foosball and Ping-Pong. I could now see why they didn't just refer to it as the "Rec Room" you could probably fit at least fifty people in here comfortably.