Chapter 12 - Didn't See That Coming

Chapter Twelve: Didn't See That Coming

"Superman?" Liam asked arching his eyebrows with pure amusement.

I quickly dropped to the floor to recover my blanket, "Look away you perv!" I shouted at Liam, while making a futile attempt at hiding some of my embarrassment.

"I happen to find them quite adorable, really luv." He said referring to the baby pink, superman undies I was wearing. "And besides, what’s the big deal? They’re practically bathing suit bottoms."

I let out a loud grunt like sigh as I stomped into my walk-in closet. Shutting the door behind me I hollered back out to Liam, "The big deal Liam, is that, they aren’t bathing suit bottoms, and you didn’t need to know what they looked like."

I had just finished pulling on my pants when he appeared in front of me, "well I’m glad I did see, it was like a whole different side to you, a very…pink side.”

"You jerk!" I half-yelled jokingly, and went to shove him in the chest.Definitely a bad idea. Sometimes it was so hard to remember that he was incorporeal, but it didn’t take much to be reminded of it. Like for instance at that moment when my hands went directly through him, the force I had muscled up to shove him had me flying into the shelves on the back wall.

I fell in a heap face first to the ground. I heard Liam laughing, but when I pushed myself up and looked over at him to shoot him a look of disapproval he abruptly stopped.

"Rileigh...are you alright?" He asked hesitantly, apparently my attempt at a ferocious glare worked. I thought to myself in triumph.

"Yeah, minus the embarrassment I'm just great. God, why couldn't you be just a little transparent?" I responded bitterly while pulling myself back up to a standing position, at first I felt a little dizzy but it went away in an instant, "...you know to help remind me that I can't physically touch you."

Liam let out a light chuckle, "I'll see if I can work on that luv, but that is not what I was referring to. I was talking about the large bleeding gash on the side of your forehead..."

"What?!" I exclaimed while putting a hand to my face and feeling around until I felt the warm wetness, I then I removed my hand. When I saw the blood I felt my eyes bug out of my head and I ranaroundLiam and directly back into my room.

The pain hadn't surfaced until I was examining the wound in the mirror, which also brought on the nauseated feeling, along with a side of dizziness. The cut had to be at least three inches long and ran from above my left brow diagonally to my hair line. And it was deep. Really, deep.

I knelt over, putting my hands on my knees to keep me steady. Finally when the nausea disappeared and my head stopped spinning, I slowly straightened myself out careful not to push myself.

"Are you alright luv?" Liam asked once again.

"No Liam I amnotalright! This has to be one of the most embarrassing days of my life thank God it’s-," realizing I have yet to actually look at the clock since I woke up, I glanced at the one above my door, "Six A.M...Six A.M?! I slept all night? Which means today is now Thursday and I have school in four hours. How am I supposed to fix this?" I pointed to the bleeding gash on my face.

"For one thing, I do not know why you are embarrassed, accidents happen and another, yes you have school infourhours. You have plenty of time to get dressed and get your little arse to the hospital."

"H-hospital?" I stuttered not paying attention to anything else he said.

"Yes, Rileigh, hospital. That is a pretty nasty cut you've got yourself there, and you will require stitching."