Chapter 21 - Epic Speech

Pre-Chapter Author Note: Hey guys! Just an FYI, this is a very un-edited chapter! I'll fix it up later! But none the less - enjoy! And let me know what you think! :)

Chapter 21: Epic Speech

            I awoke with a start to someone nudging me. “W-what?!” I jumped up. “Is someone here?”

            Stacy was laughing—that had to be a good sign, unless she finally lost it and went bonkers. “No, no. Everything’s fine Rileigh. I just figured since today’s Friday we should probably attend a class or two before you get the world’s worst attendance award with the prize being kicked out of school.”

            I laughed, dragging myself out of bed. “Point well made.” I replied stretching. This was the first time I truly felt well rested and I supposed I could thank that to a nice and dreamless sleep. “Did my mom happen to phone?” I should have heard my phone ring, I did after all have it set on the loudest most obnoxious ring tone. But one could never be too sure.

            Liam was the one to answer. “No, sorry luv, your mobile did not ring.”

            “Okay I better try her again. Stacy you can shower here if you’d like. The bathroom has fresh towels on the shelves and since I doubt we will have time to stop at your house before second period starts you can borrow something of mine…from the back of my closet of course.” Where all the nice girlie shirts, pants, dresses and accessories that my mother bought me permanently resided.

            She smiled brightly. “Perfect!” She said. “I won’t be longer than ten minutes.” Then she took off to the bathroom across the hall.

            I grabbed my cell phone and stepped into the hall to try my mother again. After the fifth ring it went to her voicemail. I let out an exasperated sigh, and then left a message after the beep. “Hey mom, it’s me again. I don’t know why you are not answering your phone, but I’m really starting to get freaked out. So much is happening. Please, please phone me as soon as you get this, I will have my phone on all day…even during class…I love you mom.”

            Liam was sitting quietly staring out the window when I walked back into the room. I knew we should probably talk about everything that’s been going on. Him finding out that I was actually a reincarnation of his one true love couldn’t have been easy, hell I definitely couldn’t wrap my head around it. Every time I even thought about it I would get a raging migraine.

            The tension has been growing between us for a while now and it seems like the more we find out, the weirder things get between us. I never thought I’d say this but I was missing the goofy Liam. Even with the masked emotions, I could tell something was truly bothering him—or maybe a lot of somethings and I was beginning to fear he was giving up.

            Either way I had to say something. Maybe one of those epic speeches the heroes give to people in movies when everyone thinks they are fighting a losing battle. The kind of epic speech that for some reason after hearing it everyone is more determined and stronger than ever and in the end the good guys come out on top, because of it. Because they aren’t afraid of defeat anymore.

            I’ve learned that fear can either cripple you or it can empower you. But it is completely up to you which you let happen.

            Well here goes nothing, time to be the big man…er woman on campus…or whatever…

            “Liam I—”

            “Not right now Rileigh.” One—whoa he never calls me by my name. Two—great start to an epic speech. “We don’t need to talk about it.”