Chapter 22 - Alucinari

Re: Video on the right hand side, it has nothing to do with this chapter AT ALL, lol. However it is by one of my bestfriends, and I think it needs to get out there more, it's a beautiful song :) Thanks! :)

Chapter 22: Alucinari

            Liam did in fact stay put in the living room—for a change he actually listened to me—like a good little phantom. We arrived just before the bell rang and actually made it to Mr. Andrews’ class on time. Stacy had missed her first class, but she said it was no big because she was ahead.

            Dallas was actually looking better today; he had cut his hair and shaved sometime between last night and this morning. I guess my pointing out how worn down he looked actually made him take his looks more seriously…or maybe he had a date. My bet was on the former. This town sure didn’t have many dating options.

            Looking at us now, we really didn’t look like we had some whacked out encounter with a mystical beast last night. To any of these “norms”—which is what I will call the people not in our inner circle—we looked like any normal teenager, a couple bumps and bruises, nothing that couldn’t be explained by saying we went out on a bender.

          Stacy and I quietly took our seats near the back, without a word or a second glance at Andrews who had just started today’s lesson—“How to Read Literature Like a Professor” something about taking what we learned from that book and using it when reading Charles Dickens’ “David Copperfield” then doing all this analysis something or other.

         All I could think was, I’m a witch, an honest to God witch, and I have to get the book…which is all the way in Ireland, and I have to help Liam all the while dodging mystical beings and staying on the lookout for people who could potentially be Cliona or Osiris. I know what Cliona looks like, but if she’s as powerful as everyone claims her to be, she can probably disguise herself pretty well. And I have no idea what Osiris looks like; therefore, everyone’s a suspect. That’s just grand.

          Before I could stay on the pity train any longer, I was pulled back to the now by a dancing, prancing, singing Liam. He was jumping and twirling up and down the aisles singing extremely loud and off key. He started with Slade’s “Come On Feel the Noise” which then turned into “School’s Out” by Alice Cooper.

         Apparently he was quite fond of Seventy’s rock.

         Stacy was doing her best to try and mask her laughter, and I was right there with her. It was definitely a sight to see someone who looks as good as he does act so…whacky. It was also good to see him back to his regular pain in the ass self. He was doing everything in his power to throw Mr. Andrews off. But Mr. Andrews just kept going on with his lesson as if Liam was just some buzzing little fly.

         I must give the guy credit, since the moment we arrived in class, not once has he let on that he could see Liam. Even with Liam’s obnoxious singing, dancing, nit picking at Andrews’ lesson or when he finally stopped and instead perched himself up on the windowsill and began whistling random tunes. Dallas’ eyes hadn’t even glanced over to him once. Stacy on the other hand could not take her eyes off him. She would look at Liam then look at the rest of the class clearly very amused that they could not see or hear him.

            I thought it was cute at first. Now it was just downright irritating and took all of my self-control not to get up and yell at him to shut up. I did my best to keep my eyes glued to the front, with a failed attempt at paying attention. As soon as that guy is corporeal, I’m punching him right in the face.