Chapter 13 - Visit to the Hospital

Chapter 13: Visit to the Hospital

I reluctantly made my way over to Stacy’s car, feeling the full weight of her gaze the entire time. I opened the door to her Honda Accord and slid into the passenger seat. Okay Rileigh, just act natural, I thought to myself the moment I closed the door.

“Are you okay?” Stacy asked without missing a beat.

I wanted to say, ‘Well Stacy…I have an invisible friend from the 17th century who’s psychopathic wife killed the love of his life then cursed him, I found out she is somehow still alive, which means I’m in trouble, I have massive cut on my forehead due to my arrogance and from what you could tell, I just clearly had an argument with myself. But instead I settled with, “Uh, yeah I’m fine. Although I think I need stitches.” I pulled down the visor to examine the laceration but also to see if Liam was in the car without physically and noticeably turning around to look. To answer silently from the backseat Liam responded with a finger wave in the mirror.

He looked so…childish – but in a manly way - when he did that, that I couldn’t help but to shake my head and smile. Stacy put the car in reverse and turned it around before starting back down my driveway.

Once we turned onto the straight stretch of highway leading into town she looked over at me for a brief moment before turning her attention back to the highway and asking, “So are you sure you’re okay?” 

“Oh this is going to be a hoot.” Liam comically remarked from the back.

“Uh, y-yeah. Why wouldn’t I be? I-I mean besides the blooding pouring out of my noggin.” I forced a laugh to try and cover up my embarrassing stuttering - I never was the best liar when under pressure. I always had the tendency to clam up, and my face usually turned a light shade of pink - like right at that moment for instance.

I turned my head to focus on the scenery out the side window, as an attempt to hide the embarrassment which was clearly splattered across my now rosy cheeks.

“Well it’s just…I mean don’t get me wrong, everyone does it. But it looked like you were having a very serious talk outside your house…I just thought you know with a head injury that maybe…”

Think Rileigh, Think!

Liam leaned into the front seat with a wide grin, “Why not try the phone excuse again, luv.” I gave him a pointed look and shifted my eyes, as a way to tell him silently to sit back and shush.

Right like the phone excuse was going to work, I wasn’t even holding a phone…unless… “Oh, no, no, I was actually on the phone with my mother, I had one of those stupid ear piece things, and it kept cutting out. So I tossed it to the ground before I got in the car. Don’t you just hate when technology doesn’t work the way it should?” 

She eyed me wearily for a second before agreeing with me, “you’re lucky to get service anywhere in these parts. The reception is definitely spotty.”

Talk about dodging a bullet there. For once, one of Liam’s little quips came in handy. I had enough issues to deal with, I didn’t need Stacy to try and have me committed for mental reasons once we got to the hospital.

No I had to find that Cliona bitch, and get her to reverse the curse…if only it were that easy…Heck I didn’t even know where to start, let alone know how to make her reverse the curse. I’m sure if she has not by now, getting her to do so…will not be an easy task. Then there was also the fact that I knew zilch when it came to witch craft. I didn’t even know it was real until I meat Liam, even then it was hard to believe, but it was either believe in the supernatural…or that I was in fact crazy. I chose the former.