Chapter 4 - Intruder

Chapter Four: Intruder

        Liam stepped out of the shadows and now stood in the center of my living room.

        "Jesus, Mary and freaking Joseph! You scared me half to death!" I placed my hand on my chest as if it being there helped me catch my breath. "What the hell are you doing in my house? In the dark none the less."

        "Well I came by to see of you, of course." His lips curled to reveal his charming smile.

        This could not be happening. I thought it was weird that he was following me, and now he's standing here...in my house, which was locked...

        "Well most people don't break and enter when making a social call, some people phone first and others...well they knock. And if there's no answer they don't just walk into the person's house."

        "Well I'm not most people, luv. And besides I didn't break anything to enter." His Irish accent was very noticeable.

        "Yes clearly, so again...what are you doing here?" I inched my way over to a desk in the corner, "And don't think you're going to try anything, my mother works with the F.B.I you know, and there's a gun right here in the drawer," I tapped the top drawer for emphasis, "for emergencies."

        He began laughing...laughing! He doubled over in a fit of hysteria. I raised my eyebrows, he looked up to meet my confused expression. "What's so damn funny?" I demanded.

        "Well lass, first of all I don't believe there is a gun in there, second even if there was, it would not work on me."

        "Oh is that so...what are you superman now?"

        "Well no, consider me...corporally challenged." He smirked.

        "Come again?"

        "Bodiless, phantom, spook." He noted, heavy on the sarcasm.

        "You're telling me you're a freaking ghost?" I questioned in disbelief. This guy had to be a few too many fries short of a happy meal.

        "Well no, not technically, you see I never actually died. But to put it simply, I am incorporeal...oh and you are the only one who can see me." he stated matter of factly.

        Okay I had to be going insane, I thought to myself. Here I was standing talking to the same guy who has been following me, but only finding out he is technically a ghost and that I'm the only one who can see him. Well strap a straight jacket on me and toss me in the loony bin because this cannot be real.

        "You don't believe me?" he eyed me with curiosity.

        "I believe that I need some serious help." I went and plopped myself on the sofa. Seeing as I was going insane, my little imaginary annoyance couldn't hurt me.

        "Okay then, watch this." He strode over to the wall separating the living room from the kitchen. When he got there he didn't push open the door...instead he glided right through the wall, then popped back in the living room through the opposite wall. "Now do you believe me?" he raised an eyebrow.

        "That only proves how insane I'm becoming. Things like you don't exist in the real world, movies sure. But real life...I don't think so. So here's what I'm going to do...I'm going to go upstairs take a couple sleeping pills. And try to forget this ever happened." I got up and started for the stairs.

        "You're a stubborn girlie ain't ya?" I ignored and him and continued my way upstairs. Maybe if I didn't acknowledge him, he would disappear. Seventeen was definitely too old to be having imaginary friends. Especially annoying imaginary friends.