Chapter 6 - Entertaining

Chapter Six: Entertaining

Liam was in fact sitting in my class when I returned. His face lit up with a bright smile as I entered the room, as did Tate's. I smiled back at Tate and gave Liam a pointed look as if saying 'you better not pull anything' then took my seat.

"Welcome back Rileigh, please turn you text book to chapter twelve, read through and answer the questions at the end." Mrs. Neil said from her desk. I nodded then flipped open my text book.

Liam appeared next to me, standing and staring down at my text book. I glanced up at him without moving my head then returned my eyes to my book and started reading—although I didn't have to because Liam began reading out loud probably for his own amusement rather then my benefit.

"I can barely stand to read this garbage, do you have any idea how many facts they leave out?" He said in an irritated voice. I was just about to open my mouth with a reply when I realized answering him in a dead silent class would probably not be a very good idea. So instead I started scribbling down on a piece of paper.

"Honestly like the time that—" he paused at the sight of the paper I was nonchalantly showing him, which read, No I don't know, and nor do I want to. All I need to know is what's in these books. That's how I will pass, NOT with your absurd facts.

"Absurd? You think my facts are absurd?" He questioned with sarcastic surprise. It was so odd that I could hear him loud and clear yet everyone else in the room was oblivious to his presence.

I let out a sigh and noticed Tate's head turn towards me, when he saw me looking in his direction his lips tightened into a thin line then formed a smile. He looked like he was about to say something but instead turned away.

Just when I was turning back to my own work his whisper caught my attention. "Hey...are we still on for Wednesday night?"

"Of course...why wouldn't we be?" I replied with my own hushed tone.

"Oh, no reason. I just wanted to double check." He said with a smile as he turned back to his work.

"Ha! You're going out with that neddy?" Liam coughed a laugh. I have no idea what "neddy" meant—would be sure to ask him later—but I knew it was some kind of insult, judging by the way he said it.

I shot Liam a quick glare that I hoped he would understand as 'Shut up already', then continued to ignore him.

The rest of History dragged on with Liam standing over me commenting on how 'that wasn't what happened', 'there was more to it then that' and 'wow, that painter did her wonders because she most certainly didn't look that way when I saw her'. It took all of my will power and a little more not to snap at him right there in the middle of class.

When the bell rang I was out the door before anyone even gathered up their books and instead of heading for my last class of the day I was headed straight for the doors. Back in Seattle I never skipped once, so I was sure with my squeaky clean record, one class wouldn't put a major dent in my record. I would just lie and say I wasn't feeling well...what would they do? Call my mom? Good luck with that. I thought smugly as I started jogging to my car.

I put the key in the ignition and turned the car on, "Skipping class are ya? Was it something I said?" I jumped back in my seat as a small scream escaped my mouth. I should have known he would be there, but honestly I was so focused on getting out of there, that I didn't notice him in the car. I would have to get used to the fact that he didn't have to use doors, or walk for that matter.

"How am I supposed to get anything done with you around? I need to concentrate in class, I have to keep my grade point average up so I can have my pick of Colleges. And, that won't happen if you insist on following me to my classes."