Chapter 15 - Back to School, Kinda

Chapter 15: Back To School, Kinda

I left Stacy down stairs so I could shower and finally change out of my grungy sweats and Metallica t-shirt. I could have spent hours letting the hot water flow over my body but I really wanted to get started on phase two of my plan...find away to make Stacy see Liam. She's a witch and if there's a way - we will find it and if there is one thing I'm good at it is research.

I was just towel drying my hair when Liam appeared in the bathroom behind me "so what's this plan luv?"

"We are going to find a spell that will allow Stacy to see you."

"Oh you are, are you?"

"Yes. Even if it's only briefly, things will be a lot easier if she has physical proof that you are real."

"There's nothing physical about me luv."

I tossed the towel in the tub and walked by him "oh you know what I meant."

Stacy's house was a little bit smaller than mine and was located on the other side of town. It had a wooden fence around the front yard and the house it's self was painted white.

She led me through the front door and the smell of banana bread and cinnamon muffins filled my nostrils. "Mom must be baking again." she said looking toward the kitchen. "My room is in the basement, right this way."

I followed her a couple more steps to where a door was in the hallway but before she could open it her mother rounded the corner, "Shouldn't you girls be in school?"

"We just had to come and pick something up mom."

"Well that's good dear." she replied. She was at least a foot taller than Stacy and had light blonde hair that was pinned in a perfect up do. She was also dressed in a simple yet beautiful red dress that rested just above her knees. This woman didn't look like she was baking...if anything I would say she was dressed as if an elegant dinner party was to arrive at any moment.

"Hello Mrs-"

"Please call me Amber. I am far too young to be addressed in such a formal matter." she interrupted me. She may be young but she certainly spoke in a "formal matter".

"Alright...Amber it's nice to meet you I'm Rileigh."

"What an odd name for a young lady."

"Mom!" Stacy exclaimed.

I laughed and placed a hand on Stacy's shoulder "It's okay Stacy she's right. And my mother is an odd person."

"Okay, well mom we need to hurry up and uh...get back to school besides I think your cinnamon buns are burning."

With that Amber turned to book it to the kitchen hollering back "It was nice to meet you Rileigh."

It looked like I wasn't the only one to have a rocky relationship with my mom. You could have practically cut the tension with a knife.

"I'll just gather up everything we will need and then we can head back to your house."

I replied with a nod and glanced around her room. She had the whole basement as her bedroom complete with a couch and forty inch television, her bed was against the far wall and had a night stand on each side, photographs cluttered a mirror above her white dresser. Everything was very neat and tidy - not a single thing looked out of place.

Stacy walked over to a closet, which when opened revealed what I could only guess was some kind of Alter. I have never seen an actual Alter before, but as I stood there staring at it, a warm tingling feeling began to creep along my skin. I shook it off and smiled at her - it must just be nerves.