Chapter 14 - Believe Me I'm Not Lying

Chapter 14: Believe Me, I'm Not Lying

The moment the words left my mouth, the smile vanished from Stacy’s face, but only for a brief second. Her shock then turned into a nervous fit of laughter. “M-me? A w-witch…ha! C’mon Rileigh, t-hat’s…just ridiculous!” She was now doubled over with her hands on her knees trying to catch her breath.

Liam was staring at her with an arched brow as if she had a second head sprouting out of her shoulders, “Maybe this lass needs the loony bin?” he inclined. I rolled my eyes.

Finally when her laughter subsided, I spoke again, “That’s just it Stacy, a couple weeks ago I would have thought it was ridiculous, something that only existed in movies and stories, but there has been recent events in my life to prove otherwise, and I have been tol- um, lead to believe, that you have been dabbling in witch craft.” Dabbling in witch craft? Who spoke like that? I pursed my lips together to make sure I wouldn’t laugh at my own words, she had to know I was being completely serious.

Suddenly what ever laughter she had left, vanished. Her eyes shifted around the very public room we were in - no doubt making sure nobody had heard me. Which I knew they hadn’t because no one was in ear shot – I made sure before I brought it up in the first place.

“You’re being serious.” She said as if she were waiting for the punch line.

“As a heart attack.” I replied as I swung my legs off the bed, which is when I became very aware that I was still in my haggard black sweats and very large Metallica t-shirt. Stacy however was dressed in a delicate white peasant top, black skinny jeans with grey boots, her fire red hair was in neat curls landing at her shoulders.

I looked up at the clock on the wall it was already 8:30 which meant Stacy had first period in 15 minutes. “What would make you ask such a ludicrous question?” She asked.

“I will explain everything, but later. You’re going to be late for school, and I still need to go home and change,” I glanced down at my outfit, “clearly.”

Liam took a step towards Stacy and glanced at her and back at me, “And what exactly are you going to tell her luv?”

“Everything.” I stated matter of factly.

“Ha! Sure and she’s going to believe you. Right.” Each word dripped sarcasm.

“She will when I prove it.” And I would prove it, I had a plan. A very good plan too.

“Everything? Prove what Rileigh? Who are you talking to?” Stacy was waving her hand in front of my face.

I hopped off the bed and started for the exit. “Um…Later, you need to get to school.”

“The hell with school, I need answers…and now, so I will skip first period and drive you home so you can change and while you at it you can also explain why you're acting so strange.”

I shrugged my shoulders, no need to drag out the inevitable, I opened this door, now I must close it. “I hope you know what you're doing luv, how well do you know this young lass?” I looked to find Liam walking right along with me, and Stacy on the other side. I opened my mouth to respond but decided against it. He was right. I didn't know Stacy, not really. We had just become friends, and already I was about to tell her something that could have so many repercussions.

What if she did know Cliona, what if they were friends? Stacy coming and talking to me in the first place could have all been part of some bigger plan – get me to her shop and get me to buy the necklace. Only she didn't actually make me buy it, she didn't even point it out to me. I found it, I bought it. Simple as that.