Chapter 19 - Revelations

Chapter 19: Revelations 

            So here we were, once again, sitting at my kitchen table. Only this time we had a new addition to our group. None other than my English teacher Mr. I-give-you-more-homework-because-you’re-smart Andrews. Or as I like to call him, Mr. McLiey-Liester—okay it wasn’t the most creative nickname but it would work—it turns out my English teacher was keeping a little—no scratch that, a big secret, and not the I’m a divorcee with a drug and alcohol problem. Nope that would be too easy. And normal.

            Stacy sat across from me, and Liam sat directly across from Mr. Andrews studying him closely, clearly uneasy about the teacher’s intentions, and who could blame him? This was very out of the blue, and yet believable in a strange way. Heck I wouldn’t be surprised if Ms. Patty Weathers from the public library was a werewolf.

            The silence was beginning to increase to a very uncomfortable level until Liam was the first to speak, “well mate, let’s hear it.” he challenged. 

            “Well—”

            “Actually, Mr. Andrews—”

            “Rileigh, we aren’t in school, you can call me Dallas.”

            “Okay…Dallas. Before we get to the whole why part of you being here, can we get to the ‘how the hell you can see Liam part’ of this incredibly messed up tale?”

            He chuckled then said “That’s the easiest question to answer. I’m a See'er.”

            Queue eyebrow raise. Was he being serious? The look on his face tells me he is being serious but come on. “Seriously?” I asked.

            “Seriously.” He stated.

            Stace looked about as confused as I felt and Liam well he looked like a light bulb went off in that very airy head of his.

            “A See'er,” Mr…Dallas continued. "Is someone who sees things as they truly are, no amount of glamour or disguise can mask ones true form from me. Which is why the Kelpie had no effect on me and which is why I can see Liam, as well as true ghosts.”

            “Okay so, that's all jolly and what not, now my next question is, why are you here? As in at my house—not that it's not impeccable timing and all, just…odd."  

             “Rileigh I am going to explain everything to you, from the very beginning but I want you to prepare yourself, what I am about to tell you will not be easy to hear, actually it will be the furthest thing from it. And then, you can ask any questions you still may have.”

            I nodded my head, “I’ll be fine.”

            “I just don’t want you to freak out.”

            “I won’t freak out.” He eyed me sceptically. “I swear, cross my heart. I will not freak out, just get on with it. It has been an extremely crazy day, so what’s a little more crazy added to the mix.”

He let out a sigh of defeat. “I want you to keep an open mind, and just know everything that was done was done for your own good and that your mother truly does love you.”

            “I knew it!” I pointed at Andrews, yelling, “She knows I’m a witch doesn’t she? And she never once thought it would be beneficial to me, to know something that major, that extreme, that life altering? Are you freaking kidding me?Are you serious right now?”