Two

Today is the day I'm leaving for Milwaukee, and Matthew and I really haven't talked about me leaving but I know it's weighing heavily on the both of us and I'm going to be a mess these next two to three months.

"I really don't want you going." My mom said as she was helping me finish packing up. "This could open doors for me, no one really wants me to do it except me, I just want you guys to be proud of me for doing this." I said putting my chargers in my carry on.

"I am proud of you, but you're doing a love story with a hot baseball player. Don't you think you're going to jeopardize your relationship with Matthew?" She asked and I sighed. "Mom, Matthew and I have talked about it, we're not gonna lose each other. I don't want to lose him, this is just something I want and feel like I need to do. If I do lose him, then our relationship wasn't meant to be then."

No one really understands what I need to go through to deal with everything that I've been dealing with. These past couple months with Matthew have been, well, rough to say the least. The fighting and everything, it's just becoming all too much.

I really need to get away from all this and figure something out. "I love you mom and thank you for bringing me to the airport." I said giving her a hug. "I would do anything for you sweetie. I just want you to be happy." She said and I smiled and we brought my bags downstairs.

"So when will you come see me?" I asked Matthew as we stood outside as I was getting ready to leave. "In a couple of weeks, I love you okay? Please call me or text me as soon as you land in Milwaukee, okay?" He said and I nodded and I kissed him for as long as I could and held on to him for as long as I could.

"I'm going to miss you so much." I said trying not to cry. "Hey, don't cry, we will see each other again real soon. I love you babe, you're the best and I'm so proud of you." He said kissing me one last time before letting me go.

I sighed and kissed him again before getting in the car and driving off to the airport. I let a few tears slip and my mom grabbed my hand and squeezed it. "Everything is going to be okay sweetie, I promise you that." She said and I sighed and looked out the window.

"Okay, so I'll come out in a month to check on you for a weekend, alright? You be okay out there." She said giving me a hug. "I love you so much mom, thank you for everything you do for me." I said and she smiled.

"You're going to do amazing, I'll see you soon." She said one last time before I dropped off my bags and walked through security. I sighed as I sat down at my gate and looking out at the planes.

My phone buzzed and I took it out to see that Christian had texted me. "What time does your plane land? I'm picking you up at the airport." He typed and I sighed. "You really don't have to pick me up, I'll get a car and a hotel." I typed back and they called my flight to start boarding.

As I was walking down the jet bridge he texted me back. "No, they want you to stay with me so we can get to know each other and that means I have to pick you up. So, I'll ask again, what time does your flight land?" I smiled at his pushiness.

"It lands at 530, I'll see you then, I expect you to have a sign." I typed as I walked onto the plane and as I sat at my seat, he texted me back. "Oh you bet, I'll see you soon." I sighed and turned my phone on airplane mode and settled in for the 6 hour plane ride.

It seemed short, maybe that's because I fell asleep and some random person was shaking me awake to get off the plane. I grabbed my carry on and walked into the airport and figured my way out towards baggage claim.

I got out my phone and texted both my mom and Matthew that I had landed safe and was headed to baggage claim. "You know, you're supposed to look for me." I heard from behind me and I smiled and turned around and there was Christian Yelich standing behind me.