Thirty Two

We were now in Arizona for Spring Training and Christian has his first full Squad Workout today, which I know he'll be gone most of the day for. I'm staying home and working today, going through last years videos and starting to get the hype video ready for this year. 

We had some pictures done yesterday with Jasper to announce that we're having baby number two. I wasn't sure how long I was working for, but Jasper kept himself entertained by watching Mickey Mouse on the TV in the office. 

"Hey babe, I'm home!" I heard Christian say. "In the office!" I yelled back and I heard his footsteps getting closer. "Jasper, have you been in here with mommy all day?" He said picking Jasper up and giving him a kiss and Jasper gave him the biggest smile. 

"Yeah, I've been sorting through videos all day for the hype video and it's taken me awhile." I said looking up from the computer, hot damn always looks good in his workout clothes. Damn hormones. 

"Well Jasper, how about you and I go cook your momma some dinner and then we can post some pictures to announce?" He suggested. "I think that's a good idea babe." I said with a smile. He left the room with Jasper and I looked through a couple more videos before calling it quits for the night. 

"You know you work yourself a lot with the guys and working." He said as he handed me a plate of food. He made some garlic chicken with rice and a veggie, garlic has been my life this pregnancy, I've been craving everything garlic. 

"I know I have, but I can't go to the park every day with Jasper and feeling like crap, it's great that I can do all these things from home as the pictures just come right to my email no matter what." 

"I know but you didn't move from that room all day, you sat and stared at the computer all day." He said. "I moved when Jasper needed a diaper change and when he needed to eat lunch." I said as I ate the chicken. 

"Babe, you're going to run yourself dry if you keep at this, what did you even have for lunch?" He asked. "I made Jasper a hotdog and I had one myself along with some of the pasta that was leftover from last night." I said. 

"Well as long as you're eating, that's all I can ask for." He said. "I know I'm overworking myself, but I need to make sure everything is perfect on every social media platform and the Youtube page, I've been doing such a good job these past two years, I need to make the third the same." I said. 

"I know, I love you and want you to remember that you're pregnant and take it easy sometimes." He said and I smiled. "I love how much you care for me, you're the best husband I could have ever had." 

"I know and I want to keep it that way. I will do everything in my power to make sure that you are happy and healthy, even when you're not pregnant, I will do everything in my power to make sure that you're happy. Happy wife happy life, am I right?" He asked and I laughed. 

"I mean true." I said. "Actually Jared is coming over for a podcast in about a half hour, why don't I go take Jasper for a bath and put him to bed and then you can post about the baby on both of our accounts? I know if we do that he'll want to talk about it." Christian said. 

"I think that's a great idea." I said as I got all the plates and put them in the sink. I went and sat down on the couch and got out my phone and posted the photos to Instagram. 

kristenyelich: Oh baby, Jasper's going to be a big brother! Baby Yeli 2 coming September! 

christianyelich: Had to incorporate Jasper's favorite song at the moment, he's going to be a big brother! Baby 2 due September! 

Just as I posted Christian's post, there was a knock on the door. I got up and opened the door and Jared was here already. "Jared, it's great to see you again!" I said giving him a hug. "I know a month is too long for us." He said coming into the house. 

"Where's the little guy?" He asked. "Christian is upstairs putting him to bed, he'll be down soon. Do you want anything to drink?" I asked. "Water is fine." He said and I went into the kitchen and got him and myself a water. 

"What the hell is this, you're pregnant again?" He said as he was going through his Instagram I guess. "Yes, baby number two coming your way this September." I said and he smiled and hugged. "Dude that's amazing. How's Christian about it, is he excited?"

"Dude I'm more than excited to be a dad of two, what's going on man?" Christian said coming down the stairs and bro hugging Jared. "I can't believe it, when did you find out?" He asked. "The last day of our honeymoon. I got super sick and I didn't really think anything of it but he went out and got me crackers and ginger ale and he also picked up some tests and I swear that was the darkest line I've ever seen on a pregnancy test, I was already 10 weeks when we got back home." 

"So you got pregnant like right before Christmas?" He asked and we both nodded. "That's insane, I'm super happy for the both of you!" He said and then we started the podcast. "Welcome to the starting9 podcast, it's the rocket here with two of the most humble and down to earth people who just got married last month and JUST announced baby number two, Christian and Kristen Yelich. What is going on man? I feel like it's been so long since we've seen each other, when it's only been a month." 

"Not much man, getting ready for the season as well as now a new baby, just living life, ready to do what we did last year and then try to juggle a newborn at the end of the season, should be fun." Christian said. 

"Your wedding, was one of the best weddings I've been too. I mean the decorations, the wine, the food it was all amazing." Jared said. "Honestly, we can thank his mom for all that, she did most of the food tasting, the wine tasting and the decorations since we weren't able to get out to Napa to do all of that, she was a major help and she did amazing." 

"Mama Yeli is amazing, I've met her once and I love her, now you're getting older dude, what's the plans for after baseball, do you have one yet?" Jared said. "Thanks for calling me out you ass, I know I'm getting older, I'm in my thirties now. Uh, I don't know how long I'll play baseball for, I know I want to stop when Jasper gets a little old and is in school and whatnot cause then I want to be home to help Kristen out with sports if he ever so chooses to be in them and with future babies." 

"Dude, she's pregnant with number two, how many freaking kids do you want?" He asked and I laughed. "I think one more after this one, maybe two, it's a talk in progress I like to call it. But Christian is an amazing dad to Jasper, even when he is working, I get to take Jasper to work and he loves being at the ballpark. I can't wait to watch him run around this year as he just started walking, so he's going to be a blast." I said. 

"You two have the perfect life, like where the fuck do I find this, someone please help." Jared said. "Our life is far from perfect than what you see on social media and things like that, a lot of things have led us to where we are today that are far from perfect." Christian said. 

We talked for about another hour and a half about stupid shit and baseball as well. Jared left the house around 1030 and I was exhausted. Christian and I both climbed into bed and he brought me closer to him. 

"Thank you for always letting him come over, it's always fun when he's around." Christian said as he was rubbing my back. "He's the best, I would let him come over to just to hang out and not do a podcast." I said with a laugh. 

"I love you, Jasper and our little bean." He said leaning down to kiss me. "And we love you too, you're the best dad and husband anyone could ask for."