Thirty Six

Today was the last day of the regular season for the Brewers, it was super bittersweet that it would be Christian's last regular season game, they had made it to the Post Season again, I'm hoping for another World Series win for them so he can go out on a high. 

Today is actually Kid's Ice Cream day at the park, so Jasper is super excited about that. Mac is just over a month old and she's the sweetest girl, if all of my kids are going to be this easy, I wouldn't mind having 5 more of them. 

Mac is such a daddy's girl, Christian adores her and she adores him and smiles at him all the time when he's holding her and singing to her at night when he comes home. Jasper, he just loves to run around and try and 'play' with sissy, he's a boy, what more could I expect?

I was in Mac's nursery getting her ready for the game today as it would be her first one. I got her in a Brewer's onesie with Christian's name and number on the back and put on a little Brewer's skirt and headband to go along with it. 

"Hey are you almost ready?" Christian asked coming into the nursery

"Hey are you almost ready?" Christian asked coming into the nursery. "Yep, just finished getting her ready, is Jasper all good?" I asked looking over at him. "I here mommy!" He said coming into the room. 

"Look at you, you look so handsome!" I said with a smile. "I wear daddy number!" He said showing me the back of his shirt. "You and sissy both! Mommy will be wearing daddy's number too, she just has to go get ready okay?" I said and he nodded and I handed Mac to Christian. 

"I'll be two minutes." I said and kissed his cheek going into our bedroom and putting on a nursing tank top along with some ripped jeans and my Brewer Blue Denim Jacket that we had made with Mrs. Yelich on the back. 

"Hot momma, you didn't pop out a baby a month ago." Christian said as I came down the stairs. "Yeah tell that to the nursing bra that I'm wearing." I said with a laugh as I grabbed Mac's seat and her diaper bag. 

"Still, you're smoking hot." He said giving me a kiss. "Alright gang, let's head out." Christian said as he grabbed Jasper and we headed out to the car to go to the stadium. "There is he, the man of the day!" Lorenzo said as we walked into the clubhouse. "And the little babies! Hey J and hello little Mac." He said coming over to us. 

Mac just lights up when she sees her Uncle Lo. "She loves you Lo." I said and he smiled. "I know she does, Ryan might be his favorite, but I am Mac's favorite." He said taking her out of her car seat and holding her. 

"Where's my Jasper boy?" Ryan asked as he walked into the clubhouse like he had never left. Jasper ran over to him and hugged him. "Hey Kristen, good to see you." He said coming over and hugging me. 

"Good to see you too, where's Larisa and the kids?" I asked him. "They are in the suite waiting for you and the kids." He said. "Alright then Jasper and Mac, let's go see Auntie Larisa and the kiddos." I said. 

"I love you babe, play amazing for us today." I said giving Christian a kiss. "There she is!" Larisa said as we walked into the suite. "Hey there! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever!" I said giving her a hug. 

"Carter is so big now!" I said and she smiled." Yeah he is, where's that cute little baby of yours?" She asked and I got Mac out of the car seat and handed her to Larisa. "Yeah I want another one." She said and I laughed. "Aren't our three kids enough?" Ryan asked coming into the suite now. 

"Yeah but look how cute Mac is, don't you want another baby girl?" She asked. "Yeah, we will talk about that." He said kissing her on the side of the head and going off and talking to some people. 

"How surreal is this for you?" She asked as they were now in the 7th inning. "Very, I can't believe he is going to be done after this season. It's going to be weird staying in one spot now." I said. "Yeah it was weird when Ryan first retired and we were in Cali full time, but it's the most amazing thing for the kids, that's for sure." She said. 

The game was now done and Christian was just standing in the outfield taking everything in. The crowd was giving him a standing ovation and I couldn't help but tear up. "He want you guys on the field." A security guard came up to us and I nodded and grabbed Mac from Larisa. 

"Come on Jasper, daddy wants to see us on the field." I said and he came over to me and grabbed my hand. The security guard led us onto the field and Jaspers eyes lit up when he saw Christian. 

He let go of my hand and ran over to him and Christian bent down and picked him up. I walked over with Mac and he smiled and leaned down and kissed me. "I am so proud of you babe, you've worked so hard since I've known you, I love you." I said.  

"Thank you for always being there for me. I love you and the kids so much." He said. I turned around as Sophia came up to us and I smiled at her. "Christian, now that you're standing here with your wife and kids, what does this all mean to you?" She asked. 

"This, man it means everything to me. The fans, the team and the front office, I can't thank them enough for giving me a chance to bring a world series to the city of Milwaukee and for them to accept me with open arms and become the face of the organization after Ryan left. I am forever grateful for the Brewer's organization. I can't do this without the support of my wife and kids, they really are the greatest and I'm not just saying that." 

"What are you doing next, after baseball?" She asked. "Well first, let's win another world series and then, just going to hang out and see where that takes me. Going to spend time with Kristen and the kids, maybe a vacation this off season. I don't know honestly." He said. 

"Kristen, you've been with him for almost what is it, four years now, what's it like for you?" She asked, I was shocked but smiled at her. "Amazing, honestly watching him do what he loves everyday was always something that made me happy. Baseball will always and forever be in our lives no matter if he retires or not. Watching him become a dad and share his love for baseball with Jasper is something that makes my heart swell up with love because he loves this sport so much. The two of us will forever be thankful for the Brewer's and everything they've done for our family." 

"Alright well, Christian and Kristen, it was great speaking with you, go off and celebrate and we'll see you guys soon." Sophia said and I smiled and thanked her and walked off the field with Christian and the kids. 

"Thank you." He said. "For what?" I asked. "For allowing me to come into your life and share everything single second of this with you, I love you today, tomorrow and forever."