Twenty Nine

Today is the day. The day I get to marry my best friend. We had gotten to Napa a couple of days ago. We celebrated Jasper's birthday out here as well, I can't believe that he was one already. He was with Christian so he could spend the night with the boys. 

Napa was gorgeous and I couldn't wait to see how everything turned out. I was up early because I couldn't sleep. I slipped on my robe that said Mrs. Yelich on it and stepped outside onto the balcony of the house that we were renting. 

"Today is the day." I whispered to myself as I was looking over the vineyard the house was on. Soon after that peaceful moment, the house started waking up and it was just a lot with all the girls. 

We had breakfast made for us and then the hairstylist and makeup artist had arrived and everything was in full swing. "Sweetie, here is a gift from Christian that Alecia just dropped off." My mom said handing me a box. I smiled and opened up the gift and it was a beautiful necklace with Jasper's birthstone. I opened up the letter that came with it and started to read it out loud. 

To my future wife on our wedding day, 

I can't wait to see you walk down the aisle, I know I'm going to cry. I love you more than words can explain, I'm going to save all the sappy stuff for my vows, you're the best mom to Jasper and you deserve the world and more and I can't wait to give that to you for the rest of my life. I love you. ~ CY 

"Hot damn man, how did I get so lucky." I said as my mom helped me put the necklace on. "I don't know honey, but I'm so thankful that you did. He's an amazing guy and amazing dad to my grandson, I can't thank him enough for all he's done for you." She said giving me a hug. 

"Your dad would be so proud of you and I'm sure he's right there with you in that necklace and in your heart." She said and I smiled. "I know he is, that's for sure." I said. Finally it was time to get my dress on and start heading over to the ceremony spot. 

We opted to not do a first look, which makes the suspense more real for the two of us. We got to the Ceremony site and Collin was waiting for us at the door. "Kristen, holy wow." Was all he could say. 

"I'll take that as a compliment, thanks Collin." I said. "He's going to die." He said and I laughed. "Stop looking at Sarah now and focus on walking." I said and he blushed. "You going to ask her out or something?" I asked. 

"Soon, but today is yours and Christians, not my place to do that today." He said looking over at me. "You ready to be a Yelich?" He asked. "More than ready." I said as the doors opened up. I looked down at the ground first and then looked up and saw my perfect soon to be husband standing there with the biggest smile on his face while wiping away his tears. 

"Thank you for doing this Collin, it really means a lot to me." I said as I hugged him. "Like I said, I would do anything for you." He said and hugged Christian before taking his spot on the side of him between Christian and Cam as Collin was the best man. 

"You look amazing, damn how did I get so lucky." He said. "I said the same thing earlier today." I said and he smiled and the priest started the ceremony. "The couple chose to write their own vows, Kristen, you're up first." He said and Sarah handed me the paper and I sighed. 

"Christian, where do I begin? the last two years with you has been nothing short of amazing, yes I said two years, it hasn't been that long of a time, but it feels like a life time with you. You make my world go round with all the things that you do to show me that you love me constantly. You make me a better woman, you saved me from a lot of things when you asked me to be in your movie. You saved me from a relationship I didn't know I needed saving from. I can't thank you in enough words to show you how thankful I am for you coming into my life when you did. You're the best dad to Jasper and I don't want anyone else as his dad, or our future children. You are my saving grace, my soulmate and I cannot wait to be officially your wife. I love you today, tomorrow and always my love." I said finishing up my vows and he sighed and wiped a couple of tears. 

"Kristen, when I first met you, I didn't know what to think. I think I was just struck by the beauty you brought when I first looked at your Instagram page and then when I picked you up at the airport. You took my by surprise, I didn't expect to fall for you as fast as I did, but that's what happens when you spend all your time together with the person that you love. When you told me you were pregnant with Jasper, I couldn't believe it. I have to admit, I was scared at first, but then I watched you grow and carry our child and then watched you endure labor, I knew that I had met my soulmate, my own superwoman. I can't wait to spend the rest of our lives together with baseball and growing our family together. I love you today, tomorrow and always, for the rest of our lives." He said and it was my turn to wipe my tears. 

We exchanged rings and we both had the biggest smile on our faces. "I would like to introduce to you the new Mr. and Mrs. Yelich, husband and wife, you may kiss the bride." The priest said and Christian wasted no time bringing me closer to him and kissing me with all the passion in the world. 

"I love you Mrs. Yelich." "I love you too, Mr. Yelich." 

kristenyelich: Peep the name change;) January 14th, the day I became your wife. I love you today, tomorrow and always. Thank you for being my forever person, I can't wait to love you for the rest of my life. 

christianyelich: You're finally my wife, I can't wait for our future as husband and wife

christianyelich: You're finally my wife, I can't wait for our future as husband and wife. I love you.

 I love you