Chapter Nineteen: One Kiss |✔

December 25, 2018

Seven Months and Twenty - Three Days Pregnant

"Will you go with me to get the babies some clothes?" Ricardo asked as I sat on a sofa in the living room. He then says, "I don't know anything about baby clothes and considering you're seven months I should probably have the babies nursery set up."

"Yeah I'll go with you." I said getting off of the couch, grabbing my coat off the coat hanger next to the door, "What are you going to get?"

"What do you mean?" He questions as we get closer to the car.

"You need bottles, diapers, blankets, car seats, there is a lot to buy for babies." I say as we get into his car.

He just nods as I buckle myself into the seat, "Have you ever had to buy any of those things?" He questions, "I know girls are like all about baby showers and aww look at the little baby." He says mimicking what he believes what girl's sound like.

"I totally do not do that, I speak to babies like normal human beings. That is why my two year old nephew can carry on a conversation years ahead of his time." I retort. He just scoffed as he pulled into the parking lot of the J.C. Penny. He quickly got out of the car slamming the door behind him.

Walking into the J.C. Penny's I just followed behind Ricardo who clearly had no idea as to what he was getting. I grazed the baby clothes as we entered the baby section. I can just imagine the little babies kicking and smiling while they wore the tiny clothes. The mini dresses and tuxes had me stuck just staring, "Get anything you want." He tells me as I move my eyes towards the matching outfits.

Picking up one of the baby blue onesie I say, "Look at this oh my god!" I've never been excited about baby shopping especially with how expensive those little beings are.

Bing Image Curated

He chuckled a little as he watched me squeal over just one little blue onesie, "I have never seen anyone get this excited over a onesie." I'd never been excited about a onesie before either, it's different when you're the one pregnant. I remember going baby clothes shopping with my sister when she was pregnant, I never understood why her eyes grew so big and her smile  brightened the room when she even had the slightest thought of doing something for her child.

"Well, maybe you've never met someone like me before," I say rolling my eyes slightly while still staring at the clothes.

"You're right," He says with a slight cackle as he softly says, "And it's good that I met someone like you now."

Walking down the isles of clothes Ricky picked up multiple things for baby boys, "What do you think about this?" He asks as I continue to pick up other clothes.

"Yes, sure, get the damn yellow sun onesie," I said to him dismissively. He just turned not saying a word to me and walking down the other sections.

Ricardo and I's relationship is very confusing one minute we're talking about how I like a onesie the next I'm giving Ricardo the cold shoulder. I come off as impolite but seriously who likes going shopping for clothes, especially when they're not even their own? I turn to look through more baby shirts when my eyes come in contact with Victoria sporting a spaghetti strapped shirt her belly protruding outwards slightly with a guy caressing her waist. I watched as she came closer to the baby clothes items, I ducked down trying to hide myself. She comes closer and with every step I move further away trying not to catch her attention.  Stepping faster and faster away I ran directly into Ricky.

"Are you ready?" He grunts out rubbing his side, I simply was trying to hurry to the cashier so we would not catch Victoria's eyes. Putting the items get scanned, I watched as the price went up higher and higher. As Ricky paid for the babies things I grabbed four of the bags I could actually hold so we could get out of there in the quickest way possible. Getting all the babies things into the car Ricky asks, "What did I do to you?"

"What do you mean?" I question as he puts on his seatbelt while I do the same.

"You have a bitchy attitude today that's what I mean." He says as started the engine but kept it in park. 

"I'm pregnant it's mood swings." I say making up a quick excuse so we can leave the parking lot. I'm sure Ricardo would see Victoria with that guy since we are close to the entrance, I wouldn't be surprised if she noticed the car on the way out.

"No, I know there is more to it Rosalynna don't lie to me," Ricky says to me still not moving the damn car.

"Lying about what? I have nothing to lie about, we both had our moments today Ricardo."

"No it's you with this pissy attitude ruining my vibe." He complains as we still sit in this parking lot.

"Can we go?" I ask seeing Victoria walking out of the store while the guy she was with held onto two bags, "I have to pee."

"Don't try to get out of this conversation." He says, "What are you looking at?" He questions turning his face to look at what I was looking at, before he could I moved his face towards mine and placed my lips onto his cheek. As I pulled away I looked over seeing Victoria and the mystery guy get into her car, "What was that?"

"It was a term of endearment." I comment, "I do that to all my friends."

"Wow, I was just friend zoned on Christmas of all days." He sighs as he finally starts to move the car. Holy crap, I did not know it was Christmas.

"It's really Christmas?"

"Yes, why would I lie?"

"Welp today is my birthday and I didn't even notice." I chuckle, and then the chuckle turned into a big laugh. A non-stop laugh that I could not stop. I kept laughing until I began snorting and Ricardo started laughing too.

"I think that is sad, but happy birthday." He says shaking his head as he turned on the street, "So we have to do something just spectacular today."

"Spectacular huh like what?"

"Well I can't do what I would really want to seeing as you're already pregnant."

"Dude, was that supposed to be a joke cause that was horrible." I say as I smile at his dumbass joke.

"You still smiled, anyways I was joking haha. We will have a good Christmas slash birthday today and you will see just how good I am at birthdays and holidays, and how many shots I can take."