Staci Pratt X Reader: Comfort

You had only heard the news moments ago, Wheaty had come to speak to you. He had approached the subject carefully when he told you that the Deputy had brought Staci back from Jacob. You nearly shot through the roof, Staci was here. He was in the Wolf's Den!

Wheaty had taken you to the room were Staci was staying, but he left you at the door. He had warned you that Staci wasn't the same as you knew him. But you loved Staci and you didn't care, you were going to be there for him. You had to see him.

You cautiously opened the door and walked into the room, shutting the door behind you. You saw him instantly, Staci was sitting on his small bed with his face in his hands. You knew what Jacob did to people but you had never seen anyone come back alive, you didn't know how to act but you knew that you had to be careful around him.

You slowly and quietly approached the man, trying not to spook him. "Staci?" you spoke, your voice coming out quieter than expected.

Even he soft sound of your voice made Pratt flinched, his head instantly shot up to look at you with wide eyes filled with fear and confusion. For the first time since he returned, you saw his face. It was pretty badly beaten but nothing that was beyond repair. "I-It's alright...it's me" you assured him, still speaking softly and you stepped towards him.

Your heart broke a little when he shifted backwards, away from you. You swallowed the lump in your throat and you stepped towards him, until your legs were nearly touching his. Then you slowly knelt down onto your knees so that you could look up at his face. "It's me Staci" you reminded him. You wanted to reach out to him but you were sacred that he would pull away.

Pratt seemed to relax slightly as his eyes scanned your face, you just smiled at him softly as he lent towards you. He raised his hand and you closed your eyes as he gently touched his fingertips to your cheek, you missed his touch.

"Y/N..." he spoke your name so quietly and softly that you almost thought that he didn't say it at all. "He...he said that you were dead" he whispered, brushing his fingers through your hair with a shaky hand.

"I'm alright Staci, everything is alright" you promised him, reaching up and placing your hand on his.

"I...I missed you" he murmured.

You opened your eyes and smiled softly at him. He wasn't smiling, his face was stained with tears, cuts and bruise. His eyes were brimming with tears again but you could see the relief and affection in his eyes.

"I missed you too" you whispered back to him.

Suddenly Staci's lips were on yours and his hands were cupping your cheeks, he kiss was desperate and a little but messy but it was perfect. You missed him so much. Pratt pulled away and suddenly as he kissed you and rested his forehead on yours.

"He told me that you were dead, he said that you were weak like me. But I knew that you were strong, I knew that you had to be alive" Staci suddenly began to ramble and you were surprised by his sudden change, you knew that he was talking about Jacob.

"Staci?...Staci, you aren't weak. You are strong. You survived Jacob, not many people can do that. He tried to make you weak but he failed, you are strong" you assured him. Pratt had always been strong, he never let anything get him down. That's why it hurt so much to see him like this now. "...I was so scared Staci...I thought that I would never see you again" you confessed, hanging your head as you felt yourself begin to tear up again.

"You are strong...you always have been...Jacob should fear you..." Staci comforted you in his own way, the only way he knew how to in this moment as he listened your chin up so that your eye met his.

"No. Jacob should fear us, they all should, because we are going to end this" you smiled, shaking you head and reaching your other hand up to gently caress his cheek, making sure to avoid causing any pain.

"Together" He nodded. You hated that sinister look in his eyes when he said that, but he was still your Staci.

"Together...but right now you need to rest" you nodded along, climbing to your feet.

"Stay with me?" he asked, grabbing your wrist. You looked down at him and your heart shattered, he looked so scared and alone. The idea of you leaving him here in this room was killing him. He couldn't let you leave again, not yet.

You smiled and nodded, of course you would stay with him. You both lay down on the small bed, the room was silent other than you both breathing.

There was a strange feeling between you both. On one hand you had both known each other for a long time, shared a bed many times and everything about each other was very familiar. But on the other hand everything had changed, you both still loved each other but it had been so long since you had seen each other and things have changed so much.

Still, you knew how to comfort your Staci.

You wrapped your arm around him and let him lay his head on your chest. The feeling and sound of your breathing and your heartbeat soothed him. You were alive, he was alive, and you were together again. He wrapped his arms around your waist and just took in everything about you, he missed you so much.

"I love you Y/N...I'm going to keep you safe" he whispered into your chest.

"I love you too, Staci" you smiled softly as you ran your fingers through his hair, stroking his hair while he began to fall asleep.

You knew that Staci's recovery would be long and painful but you knew that he would get there eventually, one day he would be the Staci that you remember. You knew that the likelihood of Staci being exactly the way he was before was low but you loved him anyway and you would be there for him the whole time.

Requests?