John Seed X Reader: Private Baptism

You looked up at the baptist, his beautiful blue eyes still piercing through the unsteady water. You couldn't hear what he was saying at this point, your lungs were burning and you were going lightheaded. His grip on your shoulders tightened as he pulled you out of the water.

"-and only then may we stand in the light of God and walk through his gate unto Eden" John finished. He then wrapped one arm around you and used his free hand push your soaked hair out of your face. 

John had finally convinced you to let him baptise you. You didn't do it for The Project or because of a belief. You did it for John, you knew how much this meant to him. So he took you out to the lake alone one night, the only light coming from the night sky and the headlights of the truck. It was so different compared to when he baptised other people, it was more personal, more intimate.

You gasped for air and coughed up some water, once you had caught your breath and your heart rate and breathing was returning to normal you smiled softly at him. When he was sure that you were alright he smiled back down at you. "Let the water cleanse you so that you may become pure" he spoke as he would if he was addressing a group of his followers but there was something more personal in his voice.

"You did it love, you are now pure once again" he smiled and helped you steady yourself on your feet. 

He used both hands to push the rest of your hair out of your face before cupping your face and resting his forehead on yours. "Thank you for agreeing to do this. It means a lot" he whispered.

"You're welcome. You know that I would do anything for you" you whispered and cupped his face in you hands, running your fingers through his beard.

He smiled, never feeling more content before, he wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled your body flush with his. He wasn't bothered about his clothes getting wet at this point. You ran your fingers through his neat, perfectly groomed hair, as he connected his lips with yours.

The kiss started out slow and sweet but it soon escalated into something more passionate, and then something a little more rough. He slipped his hands down to your thighs before lifting you up with a soft grunt, you wrapped your legs around his waist and wrapped your arms around his neck. 

John carried you out of the water, leading you back to the warmth of the truck. He lay you down in the back seat and crawled in until he was hovering over you. You took the time to admire him. His shirt was soaked through thanks to your embrace earlier and was clinging to his chest and arms. You admired his hair the most, it was usually so neat and perfect, it was damp and had a few strands falling over his face. Of course his most beautiful feature was his eyes, those deep blue eyes that you got lost in every time you saw them. 

When you looked into those eyes it felt as if you were submerged in the lake again, alone with John and content under the night sky. 

(Not sure how I feel about this... Any requests? Also taking song requests for song inspired one-shots)