45 - "no clue"

"Alright, i just need you to sign this and you can be on your way" the nice guy at the desk says to you.

It was a bittersweet feeling leaving the hospital. The joy it gave you to leave the dreaded washed out atmosphere contrasted with the sad reality you had outside those walls.

You quickly sign the paper he showed you and hand it back, turning to Grayson afterwards.

"Ready?" He asks you.

You nod your head and walk out with him. He had been very patient and kind with your situation.

And he called your parents to make sure they were there for you.

You know Grayson is good for you. You know you should love him.

But Ethan hasn't been back since the first day. Since he was interrupted by Grayson's impeccable timing. You knew he had to tell you something, something important.

He had that look to him.

"Come on" Grayson calls to you as he's multiple feet ahead of where you stood still, thinking about this past week. Very eventful.

The thing you remember the most is the 'i love you's' that you and Ethan shared the night of the accident. They were not fake. They were real, you felt it. There is no doubt that you love Ethan Dolan.

And you know he loves you too. But where is he?

"How's Ethan?" You ask aloud as Grayson gets into his car, putting the key in the ignition.

He stayed quiet for a few moments before sighing, "i have no clue."

You scrunch your eyebrows, not understanding why he wouldn't know. The twins are the closest people you know. "What do you mean you have no clue?"

Grayson leans back into his seat, landing his sulken eyes on you, "he left."

A small shock enters your body, heart, mind. "Left?"

He just nods, "packed up his stuff and left. There's no trace of him anywhere, Y/n." Your eyes wandered the car interior in front of you, falling with each movement. "I'm sorry" he adds.

You just fake smile and quickly turn away from his sight, feeling the tears begin to prick your eyes. "It's fine" you lie. You tried to sniff back some tears, silently.

Grayson could definitely hear you. You two were merely a foot apart. "I'll take you home."

You agree and continue to watch the outside world pass by the car you two were in.

The large world.

Ethan could be anywhere right now.

Probably planning his new life, trying his best to make busy and forget all about you.

That's what you would do if you had to. If you had the guts to leave everything behind right now and move away. You'd keep yourself entertained with something. Anything to keep your mind off of what you left behind.

-

It took about twenty minutes to get back to your dorm. Maddie has been there since the day your mom came in to see you.

By the way she was pressing you with questions about what happened with Ethan, you had the strange feeling that she knew he leaving. But, as far as you know, the two never really talked.

'Which ever one you don't want' was what she told you when you were first conflicted about the twins. And to her knowledge, you chose Grayson.

Maybe Ethan didn't leave just because he didn't want to hurt Grayson. Maybe he had a fling with Maddie and felt bad for telling you he loved you.