10 - "Charity"

Your POV

Grayson pulled the Bronco into a parking lot off the highway.

A dark red banner said Hoss's just above the front door. The large restaurant was lit up by small Christmas lights and the reflection shimmered off the small waves of the lake nearby. It was gorgeous.

"Oh wow" you say in disbelief. "Are you sure we didn't have to dress fancy?"

Grayson puts the car in park and turns it off, his cute laugh filled your ears with the harmonic sound. "I'm sure. It's not a high-end place, Y/n."

You smile to yourself and get out of his car, closing the door behind you. He does the same and you two meet at the hood of it, smiling contently at one another. "Ready" he asks you.

"Of course" you reply with a nod. His large warm hand cradles your back softly, almost like he was afraid to break you - like a thin china doll.

You make it to the sidewalk of the restaurant and he pulls open the door for you. "Thanks."

Inside, there was a woman at a dark wooden podium. Her straight auburn hair was in a low bun, a few strands framed her tanned face. "Hi, welcome to Hoss's, how many?"

Grayson stepped forward, "two."

She grabbed two menus and waved her hand for you to follow. Grayson smiled down at you and you fell into step behind the waitress named 'Sara'. Her name tag was written in bolded black letters on a shiny gold tag.

"Here we are" she states, stepping aside from a booth that held silverware and the menus she grabbed. "What can i get you guys to drink" she asks, pulling a small notebook from her apron. She retrieved a pen as well.

You happily slid into the booth, "water with lemon."

"Iced tea, please" Grayson requests. Her smile shows her bright white teeth as she assures your drinks will be around shortly.

Her footsteps become softer in sound and Grayson smiles at you, as if he were seeing you for the first time today. "You like it" he asks.

"I do, actually" you giggle a little, glancing around the dining area. There were three different parts that you could see as she walked you two to the back corner. The walls were a dark green, holding old pictures and articles from newspapers.

The inside was a saloon decôr, while the outside was beautifully quaint.

"It's mine and E's favorite place to go" he admits, eyeing the menu.

No matter what, you couldn't stop yourself from asking, "why isn't he home tonight?"

His eyes raise from the menu and he clears his throat a little, confusion etched on his features. "I don't know" he plays it off like he didn't care. Maybe he really didn't.

What if it had to do with Cara's note?

He's probably with her now...

Sara comes by and places your drinks in front of you, asking if you were ready to order. "Uh, can we have more time, please?" You ask her, gripping the menu.

"Of course" she smiles, leaving again.

Grayson's face holds an amused look as he looks at you. His eyes held intent while his lips held a smirk. "What" you ask, blushing from the embarrassment of what he may be looking at.

"You're just-" he stops himself and pokes out his tongue to lick his lips subtly, remindig you of exactly what Ethan does. "You're beautiful" he tells you.