2 - "Sophomore pants"

Your POV

Maddie had talked you into going to Sam's party tonight with minimal begging. She said how it'd be 'fun' and how she wouldn't drink tonight so you could let loose and have fun.

Little did she know, you weren't into having 'fun' tonight.

Your mind was flooded with mid-terms and essays due within the next week and you didn't have time for parties.

"Come on, why aren't you getting ready" Maddie asks, snapping her fingers at you in a haste manner. "The party starts in half an hour and you're still sitting here" she gestures at your desk, the open laptop illuminating your face with it's white light as you research Shakespeare.

"So? We can be fashionably late" you smile, writing down facts about Shakespeare's plays and sonnets.

The pen is ripped from your hand as you begin to write the number of sonnets he wrote. The open pen being taken left a scribble mark where your hard work was being jotted down. "Hey" you whine, looking up at her with a pouted lip and puppy eyes.

"Get ready" she scolds, flipping her straight-ironed brunette hair behind her shoulder. It was usually a wavy yet beautiful mess, but today she opted out of the hastle.

"But-" you shut your mouth quickly when she narrowed her eyes at you. "Fine" you huff, getting out of your comfortable office chair, heading to your closet. You slide open the door and glare into your closet, seeing nothing party acceptable.

"Maddie i have nothing to wear" you tell her, looking back to find an outfit draped over her arm.

"While you were planning out your dumb paper, i got your outfit together" she smirks. It was your own clothes, considering Maddie wore a size 00 jean and was a damn twig. You envied her for it, but kept your mouth shut.

Your curves were perfect though. Everything about you was beautiful. Your y/e/c eyes went well with your y/h/c hair.

You, annoyed and tired, grab the clothes from her arm and huff on your way to the bathroom.

The outfit consisted of a black bodycon dress and a jean jacket. You thought there'd be more, but no... Maddie doesn't do 'more'.

"What the hell, Mads" you ask aloud, glaring at the dress. You knew it would be tight around your hips and chest, but it would excentuate your natural assets.

You sigh as your strip from your sweatpants and t-shirt, slipping the dress on and then the jacket.

You grimace at the jacket and shrug it off, not liking the way it felt around your shoulders.

The mirror was full-body and allowed you to see all over so you did a small turn to check out your backside, slightly admiring the way it looked. "Damn" you hear from the door. You shoot your head to the frame and see Maddie leaning against it, smiling as she eyes her choice. "No jacket" she asks, sounding hurt.

"No, i don't like it" you tell her honestly. You turn back to the mirror and reach for your mascara, eyeliner and dark eyeshadow, applying all of it in a matter of minutes.

"I need my black heels" you tell her.

She huffs and walks to grab her clutch and phone, as well as your heels "you ready now?" Her voice carries through the bathroom in a slight echo.

She hands you the shoes and you slip them on, securing them to your feet, "yeah. Let me just get my phone" you breathe out, heading passed her to the kitchen counter where you left it charging.

"I'm ready" you say as you diconnect the charger from your phone. Maddie opens the door and heads out, leaving it open for you to follow her. The clicking of both your heels on the wood floors outside your dorm rooms made you feel badass.

Unexpectedly, your phone vibrates in your hand and you jump a little, checking the message. It was from an Unknown number, so you tried to decipher where the number came from as you slowed your walking.

Unknown
I heard you're going to Sam's party?

Maddie smiles as she waits for you to catch up to her, asking if you're okay.

You lift your head up and slide your phone in your bra, "of course. Let's go."

You giggle and link arms with your bestfriend, not being able to help the wonder of who the hell texted you.

-

Sam's dorm room wasn't hard to pick out. It was the only dorm that was alive with any sound at all. The music was slightly louder than expected, but you knew it would be more pleasant when you were inside.

Maddie brought her hand up, knocking on the door. Her silver bracelets clanged together as she did so, emitting a clinging sound

You heard a muffled "i got it" from inside and not too long after, the door swung open. A young guy with brown hair - you recognized to be Aaron - was behind it, a cold beer rested comfortably in his hand.

"Hey, come on in" he greets, stepping aside to let you and Maddie through.

She doesn't even bother to thank him as he holds the door open for us, so you return a polite smile and mumble a nice "thank you" over the loud music.

"No problem" he says, disappearing shortly after you made it further into the dorm room. The rooms at UCLA weren't very small. The door opened up to a kitchen and a large livingroom, which had hallways branching off into bedrooms and bathrooms. It was a nice dorm room too, slightly bigger than the one you and Maddie shared.

You saw Maddie instantly veer off toward the bathroom after the whole walk over of complaining she had to pee.

You glance over at the couch, noticing a familiar head of frayed blonde hair. Sam. He seemed to be immersed in a conversation with a pretty redhead, so you decided to hangout in the kitchen area where a few other people stood. There was an area for drinks, currently occupied by a tall guy with short dark hair. His built shoulders hid most of the punch bowl while his chiseled right arm under his black t-shirt scoops the spiked punch into his red solo cup.

The guy next to him starts to speak and looks back, eyeing you mischievously. His left eyelid drops in a subtle wink as he stares at you a little too long.

You keep your distance and wait until he disappears beyond the partying bodies and loud music, then you move in to steal his spot.

The tall guy was still there, his eyes on you as well. You didn't have to look at him to feel the awkward tension. "Hey" he says, his voice sounding familiar.

You don't even care to look up, knowing he was just another college Senior wanting to get in your college Sophomore pants. "Hi" you greet, looking at your cup as you steadily pour in the punch. It reeked of vodka, but you were listening to what Maddie said. Let loose.

"I haven't seen you around" he speaks again, sipping his cup.

You do the same and glance up at him, almost choking on the burning liquid down your throat. Your coughing fit was interrupted by your words, "Mr. Dolan?"

He finishes swallowing his mouthful of alcohol and leans his head back, laughing loudly. The dangling wing earring in his ear was moving with his body. His large, muscular body.

"No, that's my brother. I'm Grayson." He shakes his head, smiling brightly at you.

Your eyebrows gather in confusion and you feel the crease in between. "How?"

Grayson puts his cup down and grabs a bottle of whiskey from the counter, jolting his head back toward the patio, "let me tell you outside."

You bite your lip and think over it. He couldn't do anything outside, right? There's bound to be more people out there.

You gather your thoughts and smile lightly, following him out into the slightly chilled air, awaiting your confusion to be cleared up.

Word count: 1361