41 - "husband"

Ethan's POV

Grayson showed up not even ten minutes after i was brought into the hospital. I wasn't admitted since there was nothing seriously wrong with me.

But Y/n was nearly dead.

Her pulse was insanely slow, slow enough to scare three doctors and multiple nurses.

And myself.

For fuck's sake i'm sitting here outside of her room for four and a half hours now, just waiting to hear anything.

Last i heard anyone say about her was that she wasn't responsive, but she was stable. Ish.

I just want to see her. I want to see her beautiful eyes as they look at me, her soft lips curved into a breath taking smile. I want to hear her laugh.

She's the angel that saved my life tonight. She risked her life for me. If that doesn't say 'i love you', then i don't know what does...

"Mr. Dolan?" A nurse asks as she exits Y/n's room, a worried smile on her face.

"Is she awake? Is she okay?" The questions come out automatically, no need to think about it.

The nurse puts her hands up, signaling that i should maybe calm down a little. "She's stable and awake. However, i think maybe you should give her some time before going in there. She's had a rough couple of hours."

You're fucking telling me.

"Alright" i sigh.

She gives a smile and walks away. And as soon as she turns the corner, i dart into Y/n's room. There was no way i was going to wait longer to see her. I guess i opened the door too fast, because her startled eyes were the only thing i saw.

"Hey baby" i say softly.

She looked horrible.

Her forehead was slashed a bit, her cheek as well. Her entire right leg was in one of those casts that cover your entire leg. "Fuck you look terrible" i say, wanting to lighten the mood a little with a laugh after i said that.

"Thanks" she half-smiles. Obviously she was in no condition to laugh about it. Her drowsy eyes were barely open. "I'm sorry" she blurts immediately.

I walk to the side of the bed and sit in the chair, holding her hand in mine. "For what, babygirl?"

She moves her neck to the side to see me the best she can, not getting very far. She spoke slowly and groggily. "For not saying it."

She's insane.

She got ejected out of my car after throwing herself on me to protect my life... and she's sorry about not saying she loves me.

"But you did."

Her eyebrows scrunch, showing me her confusion. "No i didn-"

"Y/n, you protected me with your body. You went through my car's windshield because of you wanting to save my life. That was all the confirmation i needed."

Another small smile surfaces on her still-angelic face. "Well, just in case that wasn't proof enough..." she pauses, squeezing my hand, it was weak and short. "I love you, Ethan Grant Dolan."

Now it was my turn to smile. Except instead of looking breathtakingly gorgeous, i look like a dumb weirdo. "Really?"

She nods slowly, her tired eyes closing as she rests her eyes.

I get the hint and take it upon myself to leave so she can sleep, releasing her hand.

"Stay here with me" she whispers. The small ounce of plea in her voice made it impossible to leave. My shoes made a small shriek on the floor and her eyes opened to look up at me. "Lay with me" she orders, trying her best to scoot over in her rather small hospital bed.

I laugh at her for a soft second, "i'm not so sure that's such a good ide-"

"I saved your life, Dolan." Her eyes narrow at me, "get in the damn bed and pity me" she says playfully.

A smirk overtakes my lips and i give into her.

I take off my shoes and sit on the side of the bed, swinging my legs up as she moves her IV wire, etc., from the spot i was going to lay in.

My arm slowly reaches behind her head and she cradles it into the crook of my arm making herself more at home. Her hair smelled of faint coconut, drowning out the smell of hospital laundry and medical supplies.

It was relaxing.

After the night we've had, it was necessary that we go to sleep. Which she had already figured as she lightly snores beside me.

Grayson's POV

"What? A-are they okay?"

"Sir, they are fine. Both are in the hospital now, recovering." The officer says to me over the phone.

Currently knawing on her fingernails, Maddie sat next to me with a worried expression on her face. "Okay, thank you."

I hung up and stood abruptly, "where are you going? Can i come?"

"Yes" was all i said before opening the door and bolting to my car.

-

Maddie promised she's take good care of my car while she parks it so i can go see Y/n... and Ethan.

Apparently i was right. She went to see him.

"Hi sir, can i help you?" The male nurse asks, smiling at me gently.

"Yes, can you tell me which room Y/n Y/ln is in?"

"Are you her family?"

Fuck...

"I'm her sister, this is my husband" Maddie says from behind me, wrapping her arm around my back.

It felt weird.

Really weird.

"Okay, let me check" he says, oggling the two of us as if we were out-of-place in a room of neatly organized things.

Mere seconds tick by before he speaks again, "room six twenty-eight."

"Thank you" Maddie smiles before rushing off to the elevator, pushing my back so i could lead the way.

The elevator came into view once we turned the corner to venture deeper into the white walled-hospital. "Husband, huh?" I ask as Maddie pushes the 'up' arrow.

"Huh" she asks frowning her brows at me, as if she had no clue what she just said two minutes ago.

"You said you were her sister and i was your husband-"

"Ohhhhh... yeah, it was on the spot. No big deal" she smiles awkwardly, stepping onto the elevator once the doors open.

I followed.

"Are you gonna be mad at her and Ethan?" She asks.

I think about it for a second.

There could be so many things i could be mad at them for. But am i? No. Will i be? That's debatable.

"We'll see" was all that came from my mouth.

While my mind was exploding with words.

Word count - 1113

Sorry this one was a little short/boring. I am so done with this book it's not even funny. I need a new one.

Ughhhh.

Ily babies x