9 - "mine later"

Your POV

It was harsh but, honestly, the only reasoning you have for saying yes to going out with Grayson is to get your mind off of Ethan.

It was odd for him to just run out of class without a further explaination. Especially to you.

What did that note say that was so damn important?

You were in your dorm room, awaiting Maddie's return from her 411-Calculus class. She was a math major, which made you sick. Math was horrible in high school, and it's horrible now.

You lay on your bed, your phone illuminating your face- aside from the open curtains that let in the sunlight from the outside. The blanket over your legs made you warm and sleepy, but you knew you had to stay awake to get some advice from Maddie.

It neared 2:30 and the door to your dorm was opened, a bright-eyed Maddie walking in. "Hello my gorgeous friend" she says with a large smile.

"Hey, i have something to ask you" you say, cutting to the chase immediately.

Her smile drops and she becomes serious, "no we cannot raise a baby in college dorm room, Y/n. I thought you were smarter than that" she rambles.

Your eyes grow wide, "oh, Jesus no. I'm not pregnant, you doofus." Your cradle your head in your hand, not sure why that was her first thought.

"Oh" she says, accepting the fact that she wasn't right. "Carry on" she speaks, setting her bag on the floor by her bed as she jumps on it, pulling out her phone.

You take a deep breath, "you remember Grayson from the party?"

She imediately smirks and looks at you, "Ethan's brother? Hell yes, what a dad" she jokes.

You smile lightly and continue, fiddling your fingers together in nervousness. Of the date, of what Ethan was doing, anything really. "He asked me to go out tonight" you tell her.

"No way!"

"Yes way" you reply, less excited than your best friend. "But, what do i do about Ethan?"

"Just tell him you're going somewhere with Grayson. I'm sure he'd understand you guys are just friends." She states, opening her laptop.

"Yeah" you agree, knowing Grayson wanted more. "He might."

You opted out of telling her about the note from Cara and Ethan's sudden interest in skipping class, only because she'd start something that wasn't worth starting. You knew her well, you knew she'd do it.

You sit back in your bed, your back coming in contact with the cold wall. "Should i ask Grayson where we're going?"

"No" Maddie answers, her face telling you she was serious. Her lips were pursed, forming an 'o' shape. Her eyebrows were furrowed. "Just ask him what you should wear and let it be a surprise" she counsels you, making the choice for you.

"Okay" you accept, pulling your phone out to search for Grayson's contact.

* ° * ° * ° * ° * ° * ° * °

You: Hey Gray. What should i wear?

Grayson: You could probably just bum it in some leggings and a jumper tbh.

You: okay what are you wearing?

Grayson: currently a towel. ;) but i'll be in some jeans and a tshirt. Nothing special