21 - "parents"

Your POV

"An F" you say in a shocked whisper looking over your thesis paper on Edgar Allan Poe for Ethan's class. "How the fuc-" you get cut off by Ethan dismissing the entire class early, again.

That's like the third time this week. It's been nearly five days since you've properly talked to Ethan, especially since he stormed from your dorm shouting profanities at you.

You wait patiently for everyone to leave, with the sliding of notebooks into their bookbags and laptops closing, and you then groan loudly when you were all alone. His innocent-acting eyes glanced up at you, "is there an issue, Miss (Y/l/n)?"

"Yeah, Ethan, there is" you scoff as you trudge to his desk, feeling the need to slap the thesis paper on his desk harshly as he sits at it, "an F? Are you fucking kidding me" your lips scowled at the man who was sitting comfortably in his leather chair.

"You didn't follow the prompt, nor did you keep up with our deal."

"Screw the fucking deal, Ethan. I did keep up with it. This is my grade we're talking about. Not your sex drive issues" you dig deeper into the situation, holding your ground until you got what you wanted; a higher grade.

The comment caused his eyes to squint and he seethed, "you deserve an F, Miss Y/l/n. So i gave you one. Goodbye" he stands to his towering height over you and heads away to his podium.

He's playing you. Like a meaningless game, and you're the winning pawn. "My thesis is well-written and completely follows the prompt" you scoff.

His haunting eyes glared at you, "apparently not."

The scowl on his lips made it clear that he no longer wanted you. No longer was going to put up with you. "End of conversation."

"Fine" you state, throwing your paper in his face. "Have fun with Cara" You say, gripping the bag strap thrown over your shoulder, "Lord knows everyone else does."

The fake smile on your face made his fall, quickly filling with regret. You sauntered up the stairs to the door and left, not caring what else he had to say- if he had anything to say at all.

As you exited the building, you noticed a vividly familiar body amongst a crowd of guys. The muscular man was laughing with his friends, throwing his head back. God, Grayson's laugh has to be the best thing ever.

All thoughts and traces of Ethan evicted your mind, and you walked to Grayson's side, tapping his arm gently. His head snapped to you and his cheeks became red, "hey Y/n."

"Hey Dolan" you smile at him, looking around his friend group. "Hi, i'm Y/n" you announce.

"Damn, Gray" someone says, "I know you said she was hot, but fuuck-" he draws out the curse word a little longer than needed and you instantly feel embarrassed.

"Alright, alright" Grayson shushes them, throwing his arm around your shoulders, leading you away from his band of idiots. "Sorry about them" he laughs a little.

"Oh, no... They're fine" you giggle. You reach your hand up to his and intertwine your fingers, instantly increasing your heartbeat.

The campus was crowded with people walking about, talking, laughing. Some people in groups, some people alone with their books for their next class.

"What are you up to tonight" Grayson asks you abruptly, stopping his feet from walking.

You let go of his hand and stand in front of him, "nothing, why?"

His soft cheeks tightened into a smile, dimples showing adorably. "I thought you may want to... come to dinner with my family tonight?"

Your eyebrows involuntarily raised, and you felt your throat go dry. "Y-your parents?" Not only was this a random request, but Grayson's parents... are Ethan's parents. Obviously, i mean- they're twins, but meeting Ethan's parents obviously wasn't on the list.