38 - "too weird"

Ethan's POV

"Where have you been" Cara asks me.

She was stood on the porch of the mansion with her hand on her hip, her face angered.

My first instinct was to tell her off, saying it was none of her business. "What do you care? We're not together."

Her scoff is loud as she can't believe i just had the balls to question her. My eyes darted to her while my finger presses the button on my car key, locking my car with the assurance of my car horn. "Calm your shit" i add.

"I'm sorry-calm my shit?" I walk right passed her as she bickers in my ear. "What the hell has gotten into you? What is it, that... whore?"

I froze just before i even made it into her house. How dare she call Y/n that. Sure, she isn't Miss Virginity, but neither is Cara. I turned around and walked closer to her, towering over her with my height, "common sense has gotten into me. I'm not even here for you. I'm here to tell your father that i quit my job and that his precious little princess can go fuck someone else for a charity date. Got it?"

It felt good to tell her off.

What didn't feel good was the sharp stinging her hand left on my cheek when she slapped the shit out of it. "Fuck you!" She yells, heading passed me in a stomping manner.

"You already did" i yell back.

There was a mere three seconds between her slamming her door, and her father opening the door to his office. "Mr. Hilton?"

He raises his head and smiles at me instantly. "I quit."

The smile washes off of his face and he's left stunned only for a moment. "Quit what exactly?"

"My job. My constant dates with your daughter. Everything. I'm done."

His eyes glanced to the floor as he responded, "you must know, Mr. Dolan... My daughter is very fond of you."

Trust me. I already know.

"She will be sad to hear you've gone."

"I'm sure she'll be alright with it, Sir." I tell him.

He nods and dismisses me, so i leave.

I leave the best job i've ever had. I leave the chances of going to expensive parties. I leave the girl i've been fucking around with, with barely any strings attached.

For what?

For distance from a girl i'd love to have an entire knot tied to.

My feelings and thoughts began to set in as i sit in my car.

Why am i leaving her?
If i love her so much, why leave?
So what if she's having Grayson's baby...i can still be there for her. I can still love her.

All my thoughts ceased until one that i've secretly waited for came forward.

"I can't leave" i say aloud.

The realization was enough to make me peel out of Cara's driveway like a mad man. Driving twenty miles over the speed limit, headed back to the hospital- my mind was clear.

It knows what i want.

I know what i want.

I want Y/n.

And damn it, i'm gonna have her.

Your POV

Grayson drove you back to your dorm where a very worried Maddie had been waiting for hours. Once you walked through the door with Grayson, her eyes nearly popped out of her head.