25 - "home"

Your POV

After a week of not talking to either of the twins, you've grown to miss them. Grayson's laugh was becoming foreign to you. Ethan's eyes were fading in color, becoming unknown to your imagination. Sure, you saw Ethan, and obviously he has his eyes every time- but not the way you've been used to seeing them.

The lustly burn of dark brown, and in the sex after effect - a light green. The same was true with Grayson's eyes. However his never held as much green as Ethan's earthly pooled irises.

You cross your foot over the other as you lazily drape over the bed, wishing for peaceful sleep instead of the interrupted naps you've been subjected to instead.

"Ugh" you groan when your phone begins to ring. The ringtone, reserved especially for Maddie, flooded your ears obnoxiously.

You slam your hand on top of the phone and pull it to your ear, pressing the green button, "what" you bark.

"Wow" she says, sounding sarcastically hurt, "what's your beef?"

You sit up and run your hand through your hair hastily, "nothing. What's up?" You say with a slightly exasperated sigh.

"I just saw Grayson at this frat party i'm at and he looks totally wasted" she speaks. At the mention of a frat party, you start to recognize loud music and talking- faintly painting the background with sounds.

"When did you leave to go to a frat party?" You ask.

She laughs lightly, "a few hours ago. But you gotta get down here. This kid is plastered and he keeps downing more shots" she orders into the speaker.

"Fine. Fine. I'll be there soon."

You could practically hear Maddie's smirk as she begins to think she could get you to let loose, "okay it's the Theta House. See ya soon."

The line goes dead and you get up, not worrying about your outfit that was currently a pair of ripped jeans and a plain black sweatshirt, because it looked fine. You slipped on your black Converse and pushed your phone into the back pocket of your jeans, heading out into the slightly chilled air to walk down four blocks to the frat house Maddie was talking about.

All the guys there either knew you or Maddie. But most of them knew Maddie. She always attended more parties than you, hence the reason why half of her closet is party clothes.

Lately there's been no reason to go to parties. After breaking up with your ex, Dean, you had no interest in hook-ups or getting shitfaced at parties.

You also didn't feel the need to do so when you were so closely affiliated with the twins. Mostly Ethan.

Leaves swirled in small tornadoes of themselves as the wind picked up, also whipping your hair around a bit. You silently couldn't wait for the spring. It was winter now, but in California, sixty degrees is cold.

As your shoes hit the ground with small pounding noises, you heard another pounding noise. Music, from the house a block from you now.

You could see it, at the end of the road with blue, red, and green lights protruding from the windows. The music was blaring so loud you thought you'd get a headache from being in the front lawn.