Year 5.3

Hey, guys. How long has it been? *checks last chapter* ... whoops

Harry stepped into Professor Flitwick's office. "Hello, sir."

"Mr. Potter," Flitwick greeted him. "How may I help you?"

"It's about Umbridge," Harry began.

Flitwick wasn't surprised to hear that. In all his years at Hogwarts, Harry had never received a detention, let alone a whole week of it. All the teachers had been surprised to hear about it, but they couldn't do anything about it.

Harry took a deep breath and extended his left hand.

Flitwick peered closer and swore in Gobbledegook as he read the words carved into his student's skin. "A blood quill?"

"Yes," Harry said.

"This must be stopped," Flitwick said darkly.

"You'll do something about it?" Harry asked. He had a strange expression on his face, a mixture of surprise and hope and... awe?

"Of course I will, Mr. Potter," Flitwick replied. "I thank you for bringing this to my attention." He went to a cabinet and pulled out a jar. "Murtlap Essence. It'll help."

"Thank you, Professor."

"You are very welcome. Now, if you excuse me, I am going to speak with the headmaster."

Harry nodded and stood up. He honestly didn't think anything would have been done, hence the reason for doing nothing.

They left the office together.

To Harry's surprise, Fred and Luna were waiting for him.

"So?" Fred spoke first. "Is Umbitch going to pay for what she's done?"

"Language, Mr. Weasley," Professor Flitwick said, though he didn't sound particularly stern.

Harry glanced at Luna. "He wouldn't shut up until I told him," she said with a shrug.

"Professor Flitwick will take care of it," Harry told them.

"Better him than me," Fred muttered darkly. "I made something just for her."

"Fred! You would just get yourself in trouble."

Fred raised an eyebrow.

"More trouble than you already get yourself into," Harry corrected himself. "All right, enough of that. We should go down to the Great Hall. I'm hungry."

"So am I." Fred leaned down and kissed Harry on the lips. "Now I'm not."

"That won't sustain you for long," Harry said.

"That's a shame. I don't think I'd ever get tired of you."

Harry didn't have anything to say in return, so he turned away, very conscious of Luna's giggling.

The three headed down to the Great Hall and sat at the Ravenclaw table.

"Just missed the papers," Anthony said, handing over a copy of the Daily Prophet.