Year 3.5*

Revised: March 3, 2022

Hi, people of the Wattpad. I have decided this revision is good enough to show its face to the public. Enjoy.

——————————

The first Hogsmeade trip fell on Halloween. Harry would have loved to look forward to a magnificent feast after a day roaming Hogsmeade. Unfortunately, he could not.

"You coming, Harry?" said Terry. He and the other boys in the dorm were all dressed and ready for a fun day in town.

"Er... yeah." He followed them down to the Great Hall for breakfast and trailed after Terry as he went to stand in line. Filch was checking off names against a list; the last thing Harry needed was to make him crankier than usual.

He started to turn back and saw the twins and Lee Jordan heading his way.

"Where are you going?" asked George. "Hogsmeade is that way."

"Can't go," Harry said shortly.

"What?" Fred was looking at him like he just announced he was going to burn all the Quidditch brooms.

Harry shrugged like it was no big deal. "My uncle didn't sign the permission form."

Lee Jordan looked confused, but the twins' gazed darkened.

"Couldn't you ask Professor Flitwick if he'd make an exception?" Fred suggested. "He'd understand, surely."

"Already did. He said no. But I'll be fine. Really."

"We'll bring you something," said Fred. "And that's final," he added when Harry went to protest.

"Fine." Because Harry did really want to enjoy Hogsmeade in some capacity.

A group of Slytherins passed by, including Pansy Parkinson.

"Staying here, Potter?" Parkinson sneered. "Scared of passing the dementors?"

Fred opened his mouth to make a stinging remark, but Harry forestalled him. "Just leave it."

"Whatever." Fred sent one last scowl after Parkinson. "I'll see you later, Harry."

He gave Harry's shoulder a light squeeze and brushed by. Harry stood frozen, his shoulder tingling.

George and Lee exchanged a glance before following. Harry thought he heard Lee mutter, "What was that all about?" but if George replied, Harry didn't catch it.

Harry stood there awkwardly for a moment, trying to think of what to do. He was finished with his homework and he didn't feel like going to the library, so what should he do? He thought of Hedwig and started heading for the Owlery when he heard a voice. "Harry?"

It was Remus.

"What are you doing?"

"Not going to Hogsmeade because my uncle didn't sign the form," Harry told him.

"Ah," said Remus. "Why don't you come in? I've just taken delivery of a grindylow for our next lesson."

A grindylow happened to be a water creature with green skin and horns.

"We shouldn't have much difficulty with him, not after the Kappas," Remus said. "The trick is to break his grip. You notice the abnormally long fingers? Strong, but very brittle."

The grindylow buried itself in the weeds.

"Cup of tea?" Remus said, looking around for his kettle. "I was just thinking of making one. "