Year 1.5*

Hi, guys. I am back with another revised chapter. After about four months... Anyway!

Revised: October 11, 2021

GRINGOTTS BREAK-IN LATEST

Investigations continue into the break-in at Gringotts on 31 July, widely believed to be the work of Dark wizards or witches unknown.
Gringotts goblins today insisted that nothing had been taken. The vault that was searched had in fact been emptied the same day.

"But we're not telling you what was in there, so keep your noses out if you know what's good for you," said a Gringotts spokesgoblin this afternoon.

Remembering the package that Hagrid had taken out, Harry wondered again why it was so important. Perhaps it wasn't important at all but Dumbledore let him believe it was. Or maybe it was personal.

Flying lessons began on Thursday with the Gryffindors. Most of the other students that had grown up in the magical world had some knowledge on being on a broom; Neville Longbottom was one of the few that did not and ended up having to be taken to the hospital wing after he had crashed onto the ground.

"Hey," Harry said, reaching down and grabbing a small sphere. "What's this?"

"That's Neville's Remembrall," Ron said.

"Oh, well, I'll give it to him later, then." Harry put the Remembrall in his pocket.

Neville was still in the hospital wing when Harry came in. "H-Harry Potter!" he exclaimed, sitting up so fast he jarred his injured wrist.

"Yeah, that's me." Harry raised his hands to calm him down. "No need to get so excited."

"Sorry, it's just — you're — I mean —"

"I know who I am," Harry said tiredly. "Anyway, you dropped your Remembrall." He removed it from his robes.

"Oh, thank you!" Neville took it, looking immensely relieved. "My gran would kill me if I lost it."

"Not literally, I hope," Harry tried to joke, but by Neville's expression he was probably only somewhat exaggerating. "You might want to put that away," Harry went on. "If it gets in the wrong hands..."

"Right. Thank you."

"No problem." Harry walked out, eager to eat.

As he approached the Great Hall, the twins Fred and George appeared.

"Hello, Harry!" said Fred, smiling.

"Hey." Harry grinned back. "Where are you two off to?"

"Lee Jordan reckons he's found a new secret passageway out of the school," George told him.

"Bet it's that one behind the statue of Gregory the Smarmy that we found in our first week," Fred added. He raised an eyebrow at Harry. "You won't tell anyone, will you?"

"Nope. Your secret's safe with me."

"Hmm..." Fred tapped his chin thoughtfully. "I think we can trust the little eagle, don't you think, George?"

"I think we can."

"Do you know why Ravenclaw's mascot is an eagle, anyway?" Harry asked. "It's called Ravenclaw."

The twins stared at him.

"This is why you're in Ravenclaw, Harry," Fred said after a long pause.

"And why we aren't," George added. "So bye!"

They took off, ignoring Harry's protests.

Harry slouched as they disappeared around the corner. So much for that. He continued on into the Great Hall, his mouth watering.