Chapter 19: Denial

It had been two days since the boys had heard of Y/N. Despite their many efforts to find her, there wasn't a single news of her. She had disappeared just like that.

Tangled in this situation, none of them had any sleep. And surprisingly, the most troubled seemed to be Yoongi. He knew exactly the cause of all these string of problems. Had he not broken her heart, she would not have been drunk and none of this would have happened.

His silence was alarming, his gaze was colder, his lips more frozen than ever. Not a single word had left his throat since they confirmed that Y/N was nowhere in that palace.

A cold piercing gaze had become his answer to all the questions that were directed to him by the boys. He had wanted distance but not this much that it would become unbearable for him, that he would feel helpless like this. What was this situation of helplessness? He couldn't understand.

....
Y/N had almost recovered in Kai's care and was ready to meet the boys. She had loathed yoongi earlier, despised his face , scorned at his words but everytime she closed her eyes, it would be him sitting by his roses glancing a smile at her to come join him. But that dream would always fade when she would open her eyes to see Kai smiling at her, a smile with pure emotions which were rightly conveyed by it.

"Well you should be able to move out of your room now," Kai briskly smiled at her as he spoke.

"I don't want to. These corridors resurface bad memories."

"The weather is kind of refreshing today. It would be a disappointment if you will skip it."

...
Yoongi suddenly wanted to lean by that balcony which preceded Y/N's room. It was a lovely night and he somehow wanted to relive their memories.

He walked to there, rested himself against those old balcony railings as the cold winds brushed through his face. He looked at the moon and buried feelings began to resurface. Not a few days ago, he had stood here with Y/N, arguing with her. That day they were so close but still his eyes were not lovesick as they were without her today. His already dead heart was growing colder with loneliness and he wanted to see her face desperately.

His eyes were still on that pale moon, his memories burrying him up under themselves when a warm hand brushed against his.

His attention now diverted towards there, his eyes travelling all the way up to that person's face. It was Y/N with moisty eyes as she stood next to him without any exchange of words as if she had lost her voice.

"It has been two days since-," Yoongi pulled her info a tight hug, his hands embracing her back as he pulled her yet more closer. He finally had got the warmth he had wanted for the past two days. The parting time was too much for him which only his desperate arms and eyes knew.

"Let go of me", she said.

"Just let me hold you for a long time. Don't say anything. I love how it is now."

"What nonsense are you spouting?".

"Where had you been for these past few days. How could you be so heartless? Do you know what state I am in now?"

"Please Yoongi..don't say things you don't mean."

"Just let me look at you for a while. I haven't seen you for so many days", Yoongi retreated a bit, Y/N still caged around his arms as he looked at her face with a satisfactory smile.

"Your eyes are so beautiful. Have you always been this beautiful?
These eyes...have you always looked at me like this?
Have your lips desired me that much as you confessed?
How does your heart beat when you are with me? It is too loud?
How do you feel when we are close?"

Yoongi eyes had become wet with emotions as he looked at her, repeating his questions in a demanding manner which reflected his broken heart.

"Please leave me before it's too late," Y/N's voice grew softer.

"Late for what?"

Y/N leaned towards Yoongi, her eyes locking with his lovingly before she pecked a light kiss on his lips. She had wanted more than that but somewhere she knew that it would only break her further.

"I couldn't help it sorry. I am just so much in love with you that I am unable to control myself. I should leave now," saying that Y/N tried to break away from Yoongi's arms but he didn't let her.

"Do you not want to kiss me now?"

"I will ask you one more time. Do you love me?"

Yoongi was speechless as ever. His lips couldn't form those three magical words which she wanted. Emotions were welling up inside him as he continued to look at her speechlessly. Only three words away lay his key to happiness.

"There's nothing left now," Y/N freed herself and began to leave when Yoongi tried to stop her again. But his arms were too weak now to make her hold onto him, weak because he didn't have any right to do that . His heart began to crumble into tinier pieces as Y/N's face left his sight.

...
"Did you have a good walk around the palace. How are your spirits now?," Kai asked Y/N as he radiantly smiled yet again.

"It was good," Y/N's voice was devoid of emotions.

"Come with me. I want to show you something," Kai requested.

"I don't want to."

"Please."

"Okay. Show me."

Y/N followed Kai as he walked through the hallways leading to a familiar place, the ball room.

The pale moonlight had lit up that place perfectly as they entered there. The chandeliers shone, the breeze was perfect, the person infront of her was perfect, everything was perfect except her broken heart.

She circled around to admire that place because it had never looked that beautiful as it did then. The environment was silent and a ray of moonlight in a dark room had forever been her favourite.

"Would you like to finish our unfinished dance?," Kai proposed as he reached out his hand for her to hold.