Finale Part 1

Hallo

Durban was amazing. The weather was erratic, overcast most days, but still nice.  The grounds which we stayed on was nice as well. Obstacle courses and a deep forest surrounded the grounds. In the distance was the sea.

But I wasn't enjoying myself and neither was Jake.

Even after being branded a hero, he still isolated himself. Sitting in the corners of the dining hall alone, doing whole activities alone, disappearing for the day and reappearing at night.

On the fourth day, I couldn't take anymore. I decided to speak to him that night since that was the only time we had a break.

Jake

I was in my bed, not in the mood for anything really, when I was overcome with this weird sensation. Almost as if someone was calling me. I got up and went to the nearest window. The calling seemed to come from deep within the forest.

Me being the brave soul I am, put on a pair of jeans and a hoodie on. My sword in my back and I was on my way.

I wasn't really worried about being on my own. I normally was. I spent majority of this trip at the beach alone, slipping past the staff, students and teachers. The forest was no different.

I walked into the forest till I reached a clearing. Tall grass grew in every direction. One massive boulder dotted the center of the clearing. On it, sat a man.

And wow.

I don't look at guys appearance, due to my lack of one, but this guy was handsome. He had brown, wavy hair and electric blue eyes. Everything about his appearance seemed to be perfect.

Unfortunately I knew the guy or god. And it just so happened that this guy's name started with a e.

"You." I sneered.

Eros smirked. "Yes Jake, me. Are you surprised?"

I put on a smirk. "Not really. It makes sense that the love god would be in my chamber. What are you doing all the way out here?"

"I'm here to get revenge." He said. I raised an eyebrow.

"Revenge for what?" I asked.

"Are you serious?" He snapped. "To even ask such a question. You dated hundreds of girls and broke their hearts without me even allowing it. And then you had that war with the gods where you made my mother fight her boyfriend. Do you know how she had to kill Ares?"

"Ares?" I scratched the back of my head. Can you blame me? Hades was in control of me. "Oh yeah, actually, no I don't remember."

"You don't remember?" He gawked at me, anger and hatred clear on his face. "My mother had to cut Ares head off with an axe. She was tormented for weeks because of that and when I saw her in that state, I swore revenge."

"Right, now I remember." The images of the battle of Aeolus suddenly appeared in my mind. "I made Ares attack Aphrodite. I didn't see the end result but I'm assuming by your anger, it was bad."

"Whether you remember or not, it doesn't matter. I'm here to get revenge for my mother, Jake. I'm here to kill you." He drew his bow and fired two arrows successively.

I barely had time to draw my sword to deflect both but I still had my smirk.

"Look, I don't know if you know this but Hades took control of me. I can't even remember what happened but I'm still sorry for whatever your mother went through." I tried reasoning but he wasn't having it.That doesn't mean I wasn't ready when he tried gutting me with the point of his bow. "But if it's a fight you want, it's what your going to get."

I went on him, trying to at least wound him but Eros was immortal. This meant he was used to fighting with his bow and normal tactics, like keeping to close range combat, weren't going to work. Finally I spotted an opening and went for it with all my might but before I knew it, the opening had closed. But that didn't stop me from kicking him ten meters away.

He smirked but faltered. He threw his head to the side as if he could hear something. I could hear it too, a faint calling of my name.

"It seems like your girlfriend is looking for you. Do not worry, she will not be joining our fight. Zephyrus!" Eros yelled. The wind collected into a form: a man in a red toga with blonde hair.

"Zephyrus here will make sure that Hallo will not interfere." He turned to the god. "Keep her occupied."

The wind god gave a courtesy. "I will, master. It's an honour to meet you, Jake Thales."

The god dissolved into a red wind and flew towards the cabins. I tried to cut him off but stopped when Eros notched three arrows.

"As the god of love, I'm in charge of three spheres which are Love, Lust and Rejection. These arrows, once shot, will always hit their target. There is no escaping them, Jake Thales. So what will you do now?"